Jobs In Accra 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
The Senior Accountant reports hierarchically to the company Managing Director in Accra and functionally to the Finance Manager based in Suresnes, France.
The Senior Accountant is responsible for the provision of regular financial information in compliance with local financial reporting regulations. He supports also Tax reporting activities and compliance obligations as well as provides guidance and advice regarding a range of tax-related emanating from country operations.
This role shall be executed within the utmost respect of the Company’s procedures, Code of Business Conduct, and Core Values.
All personnel is expected to contribute to creating a positive HSEQ culture within the company and ensure familiarity with and adherence to local HSEQ codes and practices.
Specific Key Responsibilities & Activities
- Liaises with banks on all operational banking matters
- Maintain records of cash and bank transactions and verifies that such records are maintained in an accurate and timely manner
- Check monthly bank reconciliations and investigates reconciling items
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Day to day control over the company checkbooks, cash balances, and banking requirements
- Ensures all payments are properly approved and supported by appropriate documentary evidence
- Maintenance of accounting records in compliance with local and group regulations in an efficient and effective manner
- Preparation of Annual Statutory Accounts and any required supporting analysis
- Liaise with and providing information to the Group (Shareholders) auditors
- Ensure that all transactions are recorded and reported following statutory and local legal requirements
- Ensure operational day today as well as long term filing of accounts
- Liaise with internal and external auditors with regards to accounting issues and internal control over Financial Reporting
REPORTING AND COMPLIANCE
- Manage/Responsible for Petroleum Local Content reporting
- Organize, run and monitor, in collaboration with the Finance Manager, the closing process monthly, quarterly, and annually, including the collating of any required accounts
- Preparation of monthly variance analysis and explanations of variances between actual results to budget to date and to full-year forecasts
- Produce analyses of various performance indicators required by internal management and shareholders
- Provides input to budget and is accountable for controlling costs
- Internal control reviews and assessments
- Liaise with Relevant Tax Authorities on a day to day operations,
- Ensure consistent compliance with local tax filing requirements
- Prepare the documentation needed during various monitoring exercises.
- Operate within the Code of Conduct
- Contractors Management Principles
- Support standards and procedures for the Finance Function
CONTINUE READING BELOW
KEY RELATIONSHIPS/ STAKEHOLDERS
- Tax and Audit Consultant
- External regulations
- Project Team (Cost Control, contract…)
- Treasury Team
- General Accounts
SKILLS AND SPECIFICATIONS
- A University Graduate (BSc) or HND Graduate in Accounting/Finance with a minimum of 8 years experience. Professional qualification would be an advantage
- Experience of working with SAP Finance is mandatory
- Experience in Taxation is expected
- Highly motivated and able to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Good organizational skills and a self-checking approach to work output
- Excellent written & oral communication skills; fluency in English.
- Proactive and positive to changes and challenges.
How To Apply
Interested applicants should:
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.