Jobs In Accra 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
GGBPLC operates from two sites in five drinks categories: Stout, Lager, RTD, Non-alcoholic Malt, and Mainstream spirits, as well as the distribution of Spirits.
Growth in the Ghana economy is expected to continue at mid to high single-digit in a competitive environment.
Consumers and customers in this region expect products of the highest quality. There are also growing middle classes who are likely to experiment with new products.
GGBPLC is undertaking a significant change process, principally in the areas of accountability, quality maintenance practices, supply planning, cost reduction, and efficiency. In line with its objectives, GGBPLC will develop its people and create an environment that attracts and retains the best people.
As the Supply function, we will produce quality products in a safe environment at competitive costs, on time, and in full with no errors.
Purpose Of Role
To support the Brewing and Processing of GGBPLC brands by being reliable and efficient in their operations.
To support SBT and improvement project meetings in the Brewing Department.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
The Brewing Technical operator is an individual with brewing operational expertise on beer brewing and fermentation profile and Beer Membrane Filtration (BMF) plant. He is responsible for ensuring the KPIs related to wort production, Lager Yeast Management, Fermentation, BMF plant, and Beer Quality are being adhered to as defined by CODEX and DWB Standards, in addition to Safety, Flavour, waste, and Excellence in Supply Chain (EISC) requirements.
Top 3-5 Accountabilities
- Commit to Occupational Health and Safety standards. Frequently state and articulate that Safety is our No.1 priority. Be visible as an ambassador for safety by behaving safely at all times and always challenging unsafe practices and behavior of others, reprimanding where appropriate. Adhere strictly to the site safety rules and systems and equipment operational procedures.
- Shall be committed to producing safe and quality products by following all instructions related to Food Safety and Quality Management Systems. Run the brewing process plant to deliver the required volume and quality per shift while reducing waste (cost).
- Complete the relevant short interval controls for Brewing operations. With support from Shift Brewing Managers, achieve production plan and key performance target and deliver agreed customer service levels.
- Actively pursue training and development on individual and team and participate in competency-based training programs. Support other team members' development and develop a positive relationship with colleagues including contractors.
- Take part in teambuilding and engagement activities at the departmental and site levels to deliver a strong engagement index and improve ways of working
Qualifications And Experience Required
- Holder of post-secondary qualification in a science-related course with 3 years’ experience: IBD General Certificate of Brewing, HND/BSc. in Chemical Engineering, Science Laboratory Technology, Chemistry, Biochemistry, or Food Science and Technology is ideal
- Demonstrate detailed understanding of the permit-to-work system and GGBPLC SHE policies, statutory requirements, and responsibilities.
- Demonstrate understanding of teamwork principles, continuous improvement, preventative maintenance, and problem-solving.
- Response to change in the positive outlook across a range of situations or challenges.
- Positive attitude to own development and looks for opportunities to help others learn and develop.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Barriers to Success in Role
- Lack of personal flexibility to function in a tightly manned manufacturing environment with volatile production and sales demand.
- Poor inclination to pursue training and development on an individual and team basis or to share and apply new skills applied.
- Inability to connect and build a positive relationship.
- Lack of understanding of the commercial and Demand agenda with the business.
- Skills level inadequate to successfully operate and maintain both new and aging assets and technology.
- Inability to demonstrate key leadership qualities.
- The use of inappropriate language.
How To Apply
Interested applicants should:
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.