Jobs In Accra 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
The Marine Technician / Pumpman’s function shall include, but may not be limited to the following, which may be revised from time to time as indicated by changes in operational requirements.
- Carries out all work, in areas of competence, safely and efficiently following the Facility’s HSEQ-MS.
- Conducts all-cargo operations on the installation safely and efficiently.
- Under general supervision, performs a wide variety of duties in the installation, maintenance, repair, and servicing of mechanical, devices and machinery used in the operation of the FPSO and performs related work as assigned.
- Assists Services Supervisor / Superintendent under the direction of Cargo CCRO in loading, storage, internal transfer, and offloading of crude oil.
- Assists in the maintenance of accommodation and Deck utilities and Marine-related equipment including cargo pumps, valves, and piping system, gauging and sampling equipment, deck, and valve hydraulics, off-take mooring equipment, COW, and Inert Gas Systems.
- Ensures that the offtake equipment and machinery, such as the IG system, offtake meter, cargo pumps, are functioning correctly.
- Performs routine cargo, slops, and ballast sampling as per operational requirements.
- Assists Services Supervisor/ Superintendent with Crude Oil Washing (COW), tank water washing, purging, and gas freeing operations.
- Assists Services Supervisor/ Superintendent with routine tank inspection and repairs as required.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Carries out maintenance on the Life Saving and Firefighting appliances specific to Marine equipment under the guidance of the HSE Coordinator.
- Assists Deck Foreman in deck operations as required.
- Acts as helicopter deck crew when required.
- Ensures that the FPSO Waste Management Plan is strictly adhered to.
Qualifications & Experience
NVQ (C&G), Nautical College, Technical College, or equivalent
- Qualified following STCW Convention with Tanker Endorsement.
- Certified HLO or helideck team member preferred.
- Training requirements for the position are as set out in the Safety Training requirements for Offshore Personnel.
- Minimum of 5 years operating experience on an FPSO, oil tankers, or similar facility. Has detailed knowledge of tanker operations including crude oil washing, inert gas systems, and marine safety systems.
- Previous experience on an FPSO is preferred.
How To Apply
This Job Listing Has Expired
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.