Jobs In Obuasi 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
AngloGold ASHANTI (IDUAPRIEM) LIMITED (A subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti Limited) operates the combined Teberebie and Iduapriem open-pits gold mines at Tarkwa in the Western Region of Ghana and has a workforce of over 1400, including contractors.
Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic, and performance-driven individuals to fill in vacant position(s) mentioned below:
Position: Senior Engineer – Mine Planning (Medium Term)
Contract Type/Duration: Permanent
Number of Position(s): One (1)
To provide technical mine designs to support the production and planning functions as well as performing sophisticated engineering duties to support mine studies and projects.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Contribute to the technical services team and support functions in providing technical operational support
- Contribute to maintaining a safe workplace for all employees and external service providers by complying with existing processes and procedures
- Complies with existing processes to ensure that all environmental risks and emerging issues are identified
- Utilizes and maintains processes to ensure the development of optimized plans that ensure delivery of the budget requirements.
- Ensure that the use of department resources & time are optimized to ensure delivery of the required designs.
- Guide to short-term planning/scheduling to ensure alignment to longer-term goals.
- Assist in developing long-term guidelines & procedures and ensure they are updated bi-annually as required.
- Assist in planning the work required to deliver reserve calculations in an accurate and timely manner.
- Utilize established systems to collect and manage operational data, monitor performance, and for identifying opportunities to drive operational excellence.
- Work closely with short term to ensure compliance with the plans.
- Ensure pit & dump engineering designs are available and meet all technical and safety requirements.
- Establish and maintain appropriate communications within the department and other departments by maintaining appropriate relationships.
- Assist in planning the work required and deliver reserve calculations in an accurate and timely manner.
- Participate in the identification of opportunities for continuous improvement, sustainability of systems, processes, and practices considering global standards, productivity improvement, and cost reduction.
- Perform any related planning duties that may be required from time to time.
- Continuously identify and address gaps in own performance and develop mitigating action plans to close the gap.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mining Engineering or its related field from a recognized institution
- 7 years proven experience in mine planning in the open-pit mining environment
- Must possess Mine Foreman certificate of competency from MINCOM
- Demonstrable experience and knowledge of fundamental open pit designs
- Proficiency with Mine Planning Software packages
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Knowledge of a variety of mining methods to the applicable site
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Must have a strong desire to coach and develop others by sharing skills and knowledge
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills in English
- Must possess very strong human relations skills and ability to interact with people of diverse cultures and value
- Medical fitness for the position and environment
- Possess a valid driver’s license and proficiency in driving light vehicle
How To Apply
Interested applicants should:
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.