Jobs In Accra 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa, and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It’s about showing how you embody our valued behaviours – do the right thing, better together, and never settle – as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We’re committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture – one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organization. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
- To apply insight and understanding to the financial performance of the Bank and to contribute to the strategic and day-to-day commercial decision-making process.
- To ensure that all matters relating to financial accounting, management accounting, taxation, balance sheet, capital structure management, market risk analysis, and management and regulatory reporting are undertaken according to Generally Accepted Accounting Principals, the group accounting policies, and other regulatory guidelines.
- Guide local Supply Chain and Property functions
- To ensure that the finance Hub delivers following the service level agreement.
- Serve as a Director of the Board of Standard Chartered Bank PLC
- Exercise authorities delegated by the Chief Executive Officer or the Board of Directors and act following Articles of Association (or equivalent)
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Support the Chief Executive Officer on maintaining strategic alignment to Group and driving the overall business agenda in the country.
- Contribute to the management of the business as a member of the top management team.
- To provide the financial input for the formulation of the bank’s Strategic Plan.
- Initiate and coordinate the formulation of the annual operating plans and budgets and monitor progress towards their achievement, drawing attention to important trends, and opportunities to maximise income, reduce cost and minimise risk.
- Ensure that the financial statements and returns are following statutory, regulatory, and other requirements, and following group standards, procedures, and timetables.
- Provide support to the Business Unit/Segment heads in the formulation of marketing plans, budgets, business development, product development, and the analysis of the operational business trends for the achievement of overall plans and objectives.
- Liaise with GFS Manager in the development and running of the Bank’s financial and management information systems, recommending agreed variations for local use where relevant and necessary for implementation by GFS.
- Ensure the effective management of the business’s capital and balance sheet structures including funding, liquidity, currency and market risks, etc;
- Evaluate local projects following Group guidelines, including material business issues (e.g. pricing, the acquisition or disposal of investments and assets) and contribute fully to their implementation. Conduct health checks and post-implementation reviews.
- Ensure that the taxation affairs of the Bank are planned and managed to optimize the Group’s position.
- Maintain the highest professional financial management standards in the Bank.
- Analysis and sign-off of any project approval requests.
- Improve the understanding of financial management issues by Business Unit/Segment Heads, Financial Managers, and other Senior Managers within the Business.
- Monitor the operational and capital expenditure programs to ensure adherence to budgeted limits.
- Strategically manage the properties of the Bank to ensure utilization efficiency.
- Lead, motivate, and develop staff in the Finance Division.
- Support the CEO in interpreting, communicating, and meeting local regulatory requirements.
- Keep in touch with local, UK, and international accounting developments through membership of professional bodies and contact with other members of the profession.
- Manage relationships with External Auditors including the negotiation of the scope of the audit, general liaison, the clearance of audit work, and responding to and following up on management letters.
- Monitor and decide on SLAs with the hub; agree on the recharge methodology.
- Contribute to the management of the bank's assets and liabilities and the management of risk during management committee, ALCO, ERC, CFCC, and Board meetings
- To ensure that Finance Staff comply with applicable Group Control Standards and Local Regulatory Standards.
- To provide strategic guidance to the property management and Sourcing functions
- Support the Chief Executive Officer in ensuring effective corporate governance standards are maintained throughout the organization.
- Development of the business through involvement in strategic direction, planning, and budgeting.
- Through monitoring and reporting on these to management and the board, the achievement of strategic plans and budgets is achieved.
- Decision-making on the future direction of the business and day to day issues, which impact on this.
- Control of operating costs and capital expenditure within budget levels, bringing to the attention of management areas where savings could be achieved.
- Staff development within Finance Division through involvement in planned programs.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
- Delivery of country budgets and strategic business plans.
- Accurate and timely delivery of Group and local reports
- Adherence to Standard Chartered Bank Group Policy on financial and risk management, efficient balance sheet, and capital management of the Bank.
- Management of bank tax position and compliance with all taxation legislation.
- Management of bank insurance arrangements to ensure all aspects of risk are adequately covered.
- Efficient strategic sourcing and property management.
- Maintenance of satisfactory control environment with audit grading of ‘Acceptable’ or better.
People and Talent
- Lead, motivate, and develop staff in the Finance Department.
- Lead through example and build the appropriate culture and values. Set appropriate tone and expectations from their team and work in collaboration with risk and control partners.
- Ensure the provision of ongoing training and development of people, and ensure that holder of all critical functions are suitably skilled and qualified for their roles ensuring that they have effective supervision in place to mitigate any risks.
- Employ, engage and retain high-quality people, with succession planning for critical roles.
- Responsibility to review team structure/capacity plans.
- Set and monitor job descriptions and objectives for direct reports and provide feedback and rewards in line with their performance against those responsibilities and objectives.
- Local Executive Committee Members
- West Africa Cluster Team
- AME(Regional Management Team)
- Group Market Risk
- Group Corporate Tax & Treasury
- Central Bank
- Securities and Exchange Commission
- Stock Exchange
- External Auditors
- Tax Authorities
- Outsourced Companies
- External Contractors
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Professional accounting qualification e.g. CPA, ACCA and or MBA, etc
- Over 8 years experience in senior financial management and administration position of a Bank or large commercial organisation.
- Thorough knowledge of Generally accepted accounting principles, taxation, and banking and exchange control legislation.
- Broad understanding of banking practice.
- Superior knowledge and experience in the utilization of Information Technology in modern business.
- Leadership and Influence
- Ability to grow and inspire people
- Ability to network within and outside the bank – particularly with regulators
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.