Jobs In Tamale, Northern Region 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Create Change Ghana (CCG) is a non-governmental organization (NGO) focused on educating and transforming girls into leaders of change to improve their lives and the well-being of their communities. CCG programs work to provide girls living in poverty with the confidence, education, and opportunity to become leaders of change. CCG is working towards its mission of being completely managed and led by girls who have come from poverty who it has empowered to become leaders.
CCG is currently seeking applicants for a full-time position as a Girls’ Empowerment Officer. The successful candidate will join a team in Tamale, Northern Ghana.
Job Scope and Responsibilities
The Girls’ Empowerment Officer will be overseeing several life-changing programs designed to support girls to grow their confidence, succeed in their educational pursuits, increase their leadership skills, develop their capacity to start and run an enterprise, and become active members in society that facilitate meaningful change in their community.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
The successful candidate should have some experience with program management, but above all, we are looking for someone passionate about gender equality and providing young women with opportunities. This person should be kind, compassionate, and above all a natural mentor and leader.
Under the supervision of the Country Director, the Girls’ Empowerment Officer will be responsible for planning, budgeting, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of Create Change Girls' Empowerment program. This will involve building collaboration with schools and communities and providing support to interns in the department, as well as girls benefitting from Girls Empowerment programs.
Specific duties and responsibilities
- Lead in the development and continuous review of a department strategy for the growth of girls' empowerment programs.
- Develop work plans and budgets.
- Set annual goals and objectives for the department.
- Oversee the planning, implementation, monitoring, and evaluating of programs in the department.
- Act as a mentor and guide all interns and program beneficiaries
- Lead the department's internship program, ensuring interns grow their skillset and have the capacity to carry out their duties.
- Oversee the implementation of a coaching program in CCG Club students in the SHSs
- Develop a robust curriculum and strategy for Create Change Girls Clubs and the Alumni Programme
- Liaise with schools, institutions, NGOs, businesses, and other program partners to develop the capacity building, volunteer, and career opportunities for alumni of CCG.
- Develop strong relationships with sponsored girls and ensure their active participation in Create Change programs and activities.
- Support the development of Create Change Alumni Group and ensure their active participation in CC's programs.
- Create baseline studies, and collect program data to assess the impact of programs.
- Document best practices, stories, and communication pieces.
- Prepare activity, monthly, quarterly, and annual impact reports
Required Skills or Experience
- A minimum qualification of the first degree in Education, Sociology, Social Work, Community Development, or any such related field.
- At least 2 years working experience in a related position
- Computer literate with proficiency in Excel, Word, and Powerpoint
- A natural mentor and leader, who demonstrates a high level of compassion irrespective of age, gender, income, or religion
- Demonstrated interest in advancing opportunities for youth and/or women
- Demonstrate adequate knowledge and skills in girl child issues and empowerment strategies
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Demonstrated leadership and facilitation skills
- Ability to effectively work with and coach young women
- A proactive and positive work ethic with strong team-working skills
- A positive spirit who is keen to learn new things and develop further
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Reliable, responsive, and able to prioritize
- Must be fluent in English
- Fluency in Dagbani will be considered an asset
How To Apply
Interested persons should submit a one-page cover letter and a CV to
not later than Friday, 13th August 2021 at 17:00
NB: Late applications will not be accepted and only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.