Jobs In Accra 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with governments, businesses, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing challenges. With a team of more than 3,000 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of over 35,000 experts, we help improve economies, societies and, most importantly, people’s lives.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
We welcome applications from all sections of society and actively encourage diversity to drive innovation, creativity, success and good practice. We positively welcome and seek to ensure we achieve diversity in our workforce; and that all job applicants and employees receive equal and fair treatment regardless of their background or personal characteristics. These include (but are not limited to) socio-economic background, age, race, gender identity, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, nationality, veteran, marital or Indigenous status.
Should you require any adjustments or accommodations to be made due to a disability or you are a neurodivergent individual or any other circumstance, please email our team at [email protected]
We define Safeguarding as “the preventative action taken by Palladium to protect our people, clients and the communities we work with from harm”. We are committed to ensuring that all children and adults who come into contact with Palladium are treated with respect and are free from abuse. All successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced selection process including safeguarding-focused interviews and a rigorous due diligence process.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Project Overview and Role:
Palladium is seeking an Automotive Lead for the newly started Jobs for Economic Transformation in Ghana (JET) Programme, funded by the UK Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO). The programme is FCDO Ghana’s flagship investment-led job creation programme that will help Ghana transition away from aid dependence in line with the GoG “Ghana beyond Aid” strategy. It seeks to leverage increased investments into the pharmaceutical, automotive and textile & garment sectors, and introduce new technology and management capabilities, increasing the capabilities of the workforce generating formal employment and economic diversification.
The Automotive Lead acts as the central point of contact for the implementation of activities within the Automotive sector. The Auto Lead will liaise with the Team Leader to represent the programme with a range of Ghanaian partners, government stakeholders and automotive suppliers & manufacturers. They will be in charge of the execution of the programme’s automotive activities and lead a team of consultants, as well as Palladium corporate and project staff.
- Support the Team Leader in the design and delivery of effective systems for learning, adaptive management and delivering impact and value for money, ensuring the programme delivers on its ambitious payment-by-results targets.
- Be accountable for the successful delivery of the programme’s automotive deliverables and milestones, leading the in-house team and external consultants and contributors to meet Palladium’s high standards.
Technical and Strategic Leadership
- Under the supervision of the Team Leader, the Automotive Lead will be responsible for the strategic and technical direction of the sector-related activities with an impact and results-driven focus that will deliver the programmes ambitious investment and jobs targets.
- Support Team Leader in developing an investment strategy and investment deals being supported by the programme in the automotive sector.
- Lead on automotive sector engagement strategies for integrating Ghanaian MSMEs into the global economy, e.g., working with MNCs to roll out and expand supplier development programmes.
- Build strong working relationships with the programme’s contact points in the GoG, national agencies, FCDO, automotive sector institutions and firms.
- Support the Team Leader to create the space for the programme to not only exist but thrive, through proactive senior-level stakeholder engagement and partnerships, focusing on genuine co-creation with the GoG.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Entrepreneurial, self-starter who enjoys working in a fast-paced, results-driven business environment.
- Ability to deliver complex programmes in political economies with multiple stakeholders, components, and objectives.
- An investment background, someone who has either been an investor themselves or led on significant international investment deals.
- Strong understanding of the automotive sector political economy and local business (SME) landscape, ability to quickly identify constraints and opportunities for the programme and develop innovative solutions.
- Strong expertise in building and managing programmatic relationships with high-level stakeholders from government, civil society, and donors.
- Experience working and ‘co-creating’ solutions with key GoG departments and institutions (e.g., MOTI, GIPC etc.) as well as sector bodies involved in investment promotion and industrial policy.
- Strong network within the automotive sector, with the ability to leverage connections to kickstart activities quickly and ensure wide programmatic reach in Ghana.
- Strong thematic/ sectoral knowledge and expertise of the automotive sector and ability to speak credibly on others.
- Track record of leading a team, delivering results, and contributing to positive impact (i.e., economic, social, and environmental) with a passion for achieving business and development outcomes.
- Experience in the automotive sector or relevant investment-focused employment with a minimum of degree-level education in a relevant subject area.
How To Apply
Interested applicants should:
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.