Jobs In Ghana 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Newmont Mining Corporation is a leading global gold producer with key assets in Nevada, Peru, Australia, Ghana, and Suriname.
Newmont’s Africa Operations holds two gold mining operations in Ghana: the Ahafo Mine located in the Brong-Ahafo Region and the Akyem Mine located in the Eastern region. There is also near mine exploration and development focus in Ghana to annually replace gold reserves. Newmont Africa also has early-stage exploration programs in the African countries of Ethiopia and Morocco.
Our Africa operations employ approximately 5,900 employees and contractors, with the majority working at the Ahafo Mine. We offer an unparalleled blend of opportunity and career satisfaction with all the benefits you would expect from a global company. This, combined with our growth opportunities, makes Newmont a great company to work for.
Our Akyem and Ahafo mines have made significant sustainable community development investments in our host communities. These include establishing Development Funds at our Akyem and Ahafo operational areas with each mine contributing US$1 per ounce of gold sold and 1% of net pre-tax annual profit into its community development fund.
The only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index, Newmont in 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Newmont’s industry-leading performance is reflected through our Africa operations’ high standards in environmental management, health, and safety for our workforce, and creating value and opportunity for our employees, host communities, and Newmont’s shareholders.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
ABOUT THIS ROLE:
To coordinate and provide shift direction to the operators on operational activities of the mine crew in the open pit area, in a safe manner, and coordinate resource allocations to effectively complete the activities.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL:
- Oversee the shift to the daily operational execution of my plans.
- Put in short interval controls, based on the mine plan, and make any necessary adjustments and changes to the shift, to meet daily target projections.
- Coordinate and pair Operators with the relevant equipment required to execute tasks.
- Supervise the implementation of reclamation, wall cleaning, road construction, and maintenance activities.
- Coordinate with Maintenance, Underground, load, and haul, and Engineering in the completion of daily Mine Operations shift activities.
- Communicate with the Dispatcher regarding hazards encountered to provide sufficient information to Operators for the smooth running of Operations.
- Supervise the operators in the implementation and completion of road maintenance.
- Oversee that Mine Operations shift work meets established statutory standards in the operation of the mine.
- Revert to the Engineering team to potentially change shift plans for a particular area, arising out of work hazard detection.
- Provide hands-on assistance during operations activities and ensure that the Operators follow safe work practices.
- Liaise with the Training Department to arrange the receipt of training schedules and times for the national workforce.
YOUR TRAINING, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE CHECKLIST:
Formal Qualification (including Professional Registrations):
- Bachelors’ Degree in Mine / Civil Engineering, Geology, or related field.
- Mine Foreman Certificate.
- Ghana Statutory Certification for First Aid and Blasting.
- Minimum of 5 – 8 years experience in a mining environment, with a minimum 2 – 3 years experience should be in a shift supervisory capacity.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Strong computer literacy skills – MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook), MS Project.
- Strong consultation, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Strong supervisory, coaching, and mentoring skills.
- Safety Conscious
- Accurate and Detail Oriented.
- Decisive and Results Driven
- Customer Focused
- Reliable and Independent
How To Apply
Interested applicants should:
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.