Jobs In Accra 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
In Ghana, UNICEF cooperates with the Government and other partners to defend the rights of children and help them fulfil their potential. With offices in Accra and Tamale, the UNICEF team seeks to achieve results in strategic programme areas. The overall goal is for every child to survive and thrive, to live in a safe and clean environment, to learn, to be protected from violence and exploitation, and to have an equitable chance in life.
The current Country Programme of cooperation is aligned with the Government priorities, the UN Sustainable Development Partnership (UNDP), and Key Results for Children (CRCs) in the West and Central African Region (immunization, nutrition, learning outcomes, ending child marriage, and ending open defecation). UNICEF main strategies include evidence-based advocacy, system strengthening, integrated programming across sectors, emergency preparedness and response, and innovation.
How can you make a difference?
The Supply & Logistics Officer is will support the supervisor to ensure that UNICEF and partners supply and logistics systems are working efficiently and effectively to ensure that UNICEF key results for children are achieved. The incumbent will provide technical and advisory support to UNICEF Ghana supply chain operations and key partners in planning, procurement, contracting, customs clearance and in-country logistics.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Activities Supervision of the supply team (incumbent performs as OIC in the absence of the Supply & Procurement Manager, P3)
- Preparation of the annual work plan for the Supply team; assist in determining priorities/targets and performance measurements and monitoring work progress to ensure that results are achieved according to schedule and performance standards.
Supply chain service delivery and emergency response
- In consultation with the supervisor, provide input to the Country Programme Action Planning and advice on Supply requirements for the Plan of Operations and Annual Work Plans. Participate in the planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the supply chain operations, including the establishment of performance indicators, and assessment of fit for purpose of products and services.
- Monitor and review supply spend and draft procurement strategies based on category management to focus on strategic, essential supplies and services that contribute to results for children, and support the establishment of long term agreements (LTAs) where relevant. Maintain the highest level of integrity, ethical standards and accountability in the procurement of goods, contracting of services and construction work.
- Monitor progress of offshore and/or regional procurement and take action to ensure timely customs clearance of supplies entering the country. Maintain appropriate warehousing, inventory management and in-country transport in support of the country programme implementation. Keep stakeholders/partners informed on the progress. Implement appropriate vendor management practices e.g. supply performance reviews.
- Analyze supply dashboards, implementation rates of key performance indicators and supply information/data from various systems and conduct root cause analysis of supply chain bottlenecks and challenges, to drive improvements and ensure efficient and effective supply chains for children.
- Participate in the development of an emergency supply & logistics strategy based on risk assessment analysis and Programme assumptions. Ensure an emergency supply and logistics preparedness action plan for the CO is established in line with Core Commitments for Children in Humanitarian Action (CCC), and implemented (establishment of relevant LTAs and frame agreements for emergency response, prepositioning of stock, and training of staff in the country office).
- Build strong working relations with Regional Chiefs of Supply/Regional Chief of Operations, as well as Supply Division, to align with global and regional approaches and initiatives in supply chain management.
Collaboration with programme and implementing partners
- In collaboration with supervisor, develop close collaboration with programme sections through involvement in programme design, planning, and preparation for the implementation of supply components as well as monitoring and evaluation. Establish an accountability framework with programmes, for the delivery of results for children.
- Prepare supply documentation to facilitate input to donor dialogue, and support the development of supply components of proposals to donors including budgeting and use of innovative financing mechanisms for supplies, services and construction work.
- Support assessment of and collaboration with implementing partners including civil society, the establishment of Programme Cooperation Agreements (PCAs), and monitoring of supply components under Harmonized Approach to Cash Transfers (HACT).
- Participate in events/meetings that build partnerships and collaborative relations with Government, UN organizations and bilateral counterparts in supply and logistics activities including harmonized and collaborative procurement.
Technical and advisory support to government/national systems
- Provide input to promoting supply chain strengthening and change management initiatives with governments and partners, to ensure efficient and effective supply chains for children.
- Provide input to capacity development initiatives in the area of supply chains for children, in close collaboration with supervisor and programme colleagues. Support supply components of health systems strengthening as might be relevant in the country context.
- Prepare relevant supply reports to facilitate advisory support to Governments/national systems in defining and determining supply solutions for children, such as use of procurement services; supply financing solutions; local market development; private sector engagement.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Innovation, products and markets
- Contribute to pilots and support the actual roll-out of new products and services, in close collaboration with supervisor and Supply Division.
- Support initiatives to promote critical thinking, innovative approaches and good practices on supply chain management within the organization as well as with externals to ensure effective and efficient supply chains for children.
- Further to analysis of supply spend and related procurement strategies, support initiatives to ensure local market development where relevant.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- A university degree is required in Business Administration, Management, Economics, Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Procurement, Contract/Commercial Law, International Development, Health or related social science field.
- A minimum of one year of relevant experience, at the national level in supply, logistics, procurement, contracting, administration and/or other directly related technical fields is required.
- Relevant experience in supply chain management, logistics, procurement, contracting will be an asset.
- Candidates with professional membership in any of the supply chain fields of procurement, logistics, contracting etc. would be an added advantage.
- Understanding of development and humanitarian work.
- Emergency experience is an advantage.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) or a local language is an asset.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA) and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
The UNICEF competencies required for this post are…
- Demonstrates Self Awareness and Ethical Awareness (1)
- Works Collaboratively with others (1)
- Builds and Maintains Partnerships (1)
- Innovates and Embraces Change (1)
- Thinks and Acts Strategically (1)
- Drive to achieve impactful results (1)
- Manages ambiguity and complexity (1)
- Analyzing (1)
- Applying technical expertise (1)
- Planning and Organizing (2)
- Following Instructions and Procedures (1)
CONTINUE READING BELOW
How To Apply
This Job Listing Has Expired
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.