Jobs In Kumasi 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Winrock International is a nonprofit organization that works with people in the United States and around the world to empower the disadvantaged, increase economic opportunity, and sustain natural resources. Winrock is implementing the four-year, Making Advances to Eliminate Child Labor in More Areas with Sustainable Integrated Efforts (MATE MASIE) project. The project is funded by the United States Department of Labor (USDOL) and will strengthen capacity, connections, and accountability across child labor enforcement and monitoring within cocoa cooperatives in Ghana and will build the capacity of cooperatives to support vulnerable member households directly and by linking their members with other service providers.
Winrock International is recruiting applicants for the position of Monitoring & Evaluation Assistant for a United States Department of Labor (USDOL)-funded project. The M&E Assistant will be responsible for assisting the M&E Officer in developing and managing the M&E system, processes, and activities, including the coordination of externally conducted evaluations; and implementing an M&E Plan and data reporting requirements for a results-oriented project to increase the number of cocoa cooperatives demonstrating a reduction of child labor in the cocoa supply chain. The position will be based in Kumasi, Ghana with some travel into four to be determined districts in the Ashanti region.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
This is a local/national position and is not eligible for international allowances.
- Assist the M&E Officer to manage a rigorous approach to monitoring and evaluation, including creating systems for monitoring performance progress toward specific objectives, outputs, and outcomes
- Assist the M&E Officer to develop strategies and tools for data flow, data collection and safeguarding, data quality assurance, data analysis, and regular reporting on approved indicators under each objective
- Assist in strengthening and maintaining systems to collect and report data on cocoa cooperatives including disaggregation by district, enforcement officer type, gender, etc.
- Responsible for data collection, database entry, analysis, and quality checks of data; coordinates and verifies grantee and other third-party data
- Assist in the implementation of a household vulnerability assessment, assessment of cocoa cooperatives’ existing Child Labor Monitoring and Remediation Systems (CLRMS); and other community-based assessments
- Monitor the results of project activities and contribute to periodic evaluations/assessments, contribute to the dissemination of results to internal and external audiences
- Assist the M&E Officer to build the capacity of staff, ministries, private sector, and cooperatives in monitoring and evaluation; liaise with them to obtain necessary data and monitor the quality and timeliness of data submissions
- Provide support to grantee cocoa cooperatives in piloting and upgrading a CLMRS and share findings appropriately with enforcement authorities
- Support the M&E Officer in contributing towards semi-annual reporting
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s level degree required, in social sciences, such as statistics, demographics, public policy, international development, economics or a related field, and/or specialized training/certification in monitoring & evaluation.
- A minimum of three years experience in an M&E position.
- Experience in the monitoring and evaluation of international development projects preferred
- Proven experience in administering data collection tools, and assessing data quality, managing and administering surveys.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Experience using technology in data collection systems is preferred.
- Proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet (preferably Microsoft Access and Excel), and presentation software (Microsoft PowerPoint) as well as other database and statistical applications (SPSS, SAS, or STATA).
- Knowledge of methodologies for data collection, analysis, and evaluation (e.g. quantitative, qualitative, mixed methods) required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to use good judgment and professionalism; experience in decision-making.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Fluency in English
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to interact with international employees.
How To Apply
This Job Listing Has Expired
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.