Jobs In Accra 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
We, MEST Africa are looking for an experienced Communication and Community Manager to join our Pan-African team and help share impactful brand stories to the tech ecosystem and execute insightful community-focused initiatives.
You must be an intentional and strategic communicator and a good organizer, enthusiastic about directly engaging with people.
As a Communication and Community Manager, your goal will be to build and maintain a strong relationship with all MEST alumni and enhance our brand image within the tech ecosystem.
The selected candidate would focus on developing a deep understanding of our core audience and industry. They will work closely with the marketing team to develop insightful and engaging community initiatives that will drive higher conversations, following & engagements from the ecosystem.
- Develop a deep understanding of our core audiences and industry (the start-up and technology space) through continuous persona research & market analysis.
- Work with marketing teams and relevant partners to develop insightful and engaging learning content for the African tech ecosystem and alumni community.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Design and successfully execute regular community events and learning sessions that support community engagement and brand building.
- Continuously work to build lasting and strong relationships with Alumni.
- Monitor, collect and highlight alumni achievements and news on MEST platforms.
- Prepare and publish blog posts/articles on alumni stories, tech ecosystem insights, trending topics, and MEST Africa news; should always be on top of industry news.
- Work with the Portfolio Team to consistently identify, source, vet, and deliver necessary portfolio support and perks.
- Grow the network of key ecosystem stakeholders (African entrepreneurs, ecosystem support organizations, mentors, experts, investors, etc) and broaden the reach of the MEST brand through event participation, speaking opportunities for MEST portfolios, campaigns, etc.
- Continuously gather and share community feedback and sentiments to the Head of Marketing & Community.
- Use insights and findings from the community to develop new and better ways to keep the alumni network and ecosystem connected and engaged.
- Develop and manage a budget for community engagement.
Skills & Requirements
- A minimum of a BSc degree in Marketing, Public Relations, Project Management or relevant field with at least 4 to 5 years of experience working in community relations, marketing, communications and/or public relations.
- Ability to develop creative, engaging, and original content
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills. Good at public speaking
- Good customer service, interpersonal and time-management skills
- Friendly and outgoing personality
- Good judgment and problem-solving skills
- Proactive and good at taking initiative and selling ideas to the leadership team
- Excellent & practical knowledge of WordPress, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Medium, Google Suite
- Understanding of SEO and web traffic metrics
- Experience in doing audience analysis and researching trending topics
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Good understanding of social media KPIs
- Team player
- Experience in the start-up and tech ecosystem is preferred.
Head of Marketing and Community
How To Apply
This Job Listing Has Expired
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.