Jobs In Accra 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
This position is to ensure that communication between Plan’s internal and external audience is conducted in a smooth manner and provide administrative back-up and secretarial support services to facilitate the implementation of program activities in the country office and program unit.
Dimensions of the Role
[This section provides a summary of the size and authority of the post. It covers the size of the budget held, the numbers of direct reports, other key stakeholders who may depend on it, the type of communication required, the external representation involved and the reach of the role.]
Financial measures or statistics relevant to post such as budget; list of direct and indirect reports
- Area of Responsibility – PIIA
- May be nominated to serve on Purchasing Committee from time to time
[This section is critical for clarifying expectations of the role, providing the framework for its relationship with colleagues and providing areas of accountability against which performance can be managed.
This should include a series of brief statements that define the end results required. e.g. drive, contribute, identify, manage, responsible for, advise/coach, build, develop, provide, conduct, oversee, establish, participate etc.
Statements should ideally be worded so that they will lead to thoughts of measurement. For example, it is better to state something like "achieve maintenance standards" than "undertake maintenance". The former leads to a measure against the maintenance standards.]
“What” is done and “why”, but not “how”; include indicators for success
ADVERTISEMENT CONTINUE READING BELOW
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Receives incoming and makes out-going calls and records them to ensure a free flow of information towards effective implementation of work as well as keep track of calls for review and allocation of cost towards the reduction of telephone bills.
- Keeps, maintains and manages the front desk to receive both internal and external clients as well as enhance the image of the organization without any disruption of work or complaints from the public.
- Receives visitors and directs them appropriately to provide effective client service and always maintains a good working relationship with the public without any negative feedback.
- Ensure that the reception area is never left idle. Always find a suitable replacement when not present at the reception.
- Keep record of incoming and outgoing mails and document to ensure the effective outflow of work without any reports of missing documents or mails.
- Provides logistical support for in-house training, staff meeting and international travel to ensure the successful organization of such events without any adverse complaints about the adequacy of logistic items.
- Assists in the preparation of material receiving report to account for and keep a track of all items ordered for program implementation without any losses incurred by Plan Ghana.
- Responsible for the management of petty cash to ensure the effective disbursement, utilization and account of petty cash without any reports of mismanagement or misappropriation of funds.
- Assists in the receipt and banking of funds received to keep a track of funds for program activities and always ensures the security and safeguarding of funds without any reports of loss of funds.
- Provides back-up support services to the Country Director (CD) in the absence of the incumbent to ensure that the CD’s office is always well resourced without any disruptions of his/her work.
- Always adheres to Plan’s Child Protection Policy to safeguard and protect the child without any reports or incidents of child abuse.
- Performs any other duties that may be assigned from time to time to ensure the effective implementation of the Country’s program.
- Follow up, collect and collate monthly over-time work sheets from drivers across Programme Units and submit to Administrative Coordinator per the deadline.
- Liaises and/or assists the Human Resource Department in the coordination, induction and introduction of recruits to the country office to enable a smooth settling in of new starters. (E.g. Sitting position, knowledge of office environs.)
- Purchase of office supplies and maintenance of store room inventory; this includes tracking and notifying the Administrative Coordinator when items are at the established critical levels. Inventory of stock should never go beyond critical levels established.
- Upon notice by the Administrative Coordinator, coordinate the repair and maintenance of office equipment and machinery.
- Any other tasks deemed appropriate and commensurate with the position’s level of responsibility.
- Maintain a register for fixed and low value assets and lead a team to conduct annual verification
Dealing with Problems:
Complexity of problems handled & the degree of investigation, analysis, & creative thinking required to solve them.
- Understands the importance of fostering and maintaining a good image for the organization and acts in ways to achieve this objective with the public
- Exhibits a good sense of judgment and responsibility in dealing with challenges associated with the provision of client service
- Works with minimum supervision
ADVERTISEMENT CONTINUE READING BELOW
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Refers all final decision making to a senior manager.Ensure the principles and guidelines on the new Global Policy on Prevention of Sexual Harassment, Exploitation and Abuse is fully embedded and in your area work.
- Ensure all concerned person, Child, member of a community where Plan International works and/or Programme Participant knows how to and feels safe and empowered to report any concerns, allegations or suspicions of Sexual Harassment, Exploitation or Abuse and the report is taking seriously.
- Create and strengthening the capacity of all staff, Associates and visitors to prevent and respond in a timely, effective, safe, comprehensive and confidential manner to all complaints, allegations and incidents on Sexual Harassment, Exploitation and Abuse.
How To Apply
Interested applicants should:
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.