Jobs In Accra 2022
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Under the direct supervision of the supply Chain Manager, Plan International, supply chain specialist function is to support the thematic Program teams by coordinating to ensure that procurement of goods and services are done in line with Donor and Plan’s policies and procedures (Operationa Manual, procurement guidelines, donor agrements) and
Dimensions of the Role
[This section provides a summary of the size and authority of the post. It covers the size of the budget held, the numbers of direct reports, other key stakeholders who may depend on it, the type of communication required, the external representation involved and the reach of the role.]
Financial measures or statistics relevant to post such as budget; list of direct and indirect reports
- Report to Head of Finance and Operations.
- Member of Extended CLT
- Procurement and supply systems and processes for compliance and management information
- Risk Management in procurement and supplies for the Program Impact and Influencing Area (PIIAM)
- Administrative Assistant reports to the role
- Area of Responsibility – PIIAM
- Coordinates or collaborates to the implementation of Projects
CONTINUE READING BELOW
[This section is critical for clarifying expectations of the role, providing the framework for its relationship with colleagues and providing areas of accountability against which performance can be managed.
This should include a series of brief statements that define the end results required. e.g. drive, contribute, identify, manage, responsible for, advise/coach, build, develop, provide, conduct, oversee, establish, participate etc.
Statements should ideally be worded so that they will lead to thoughts of measurement. For example, it is better to state something like "achieve maintenance standards" than "undertake maintenance". The former leads to a measure against the maintenance standards.]
“What” is done and “why”, but not “how”; include indicators for success
- Support the PIIAM in implementing procurement management systems, including purchasing and tender/bidding procedures, sourcing quotations for goods and services based on approved requisitions originating program teams and departments in line with Donor and Plan International procurement guidelines.
- Support in the procurement process by preparing invitation to bid, short listing or prequalification; preparation of tabulation of technical bids and submission of such bids to the Selection Committee for review.
- Contact suppliers for additional information required by Selection Committee Members.
- Undertake periodic local market surveys in collaboration with the Plan Ghana supply chain unit to guide Selection Committee Members’ deliberations, decisions and or recommendations and also maintain a roster of suppliers/contractors for the purpose of fair and competitive bidding process/systems in line with the Plan Ghana process and approved vendor list.
- Conduct annual vendor assessment and use information from the report to update the master vendor list
- Process the purchase and supply of goods and materials for the PIAAM as per the Operational Manual (OM) and the Procurement Guidelines and procedures to ensure value for money is obtained at all times.
- Ensure that all vendor details, requisitions, price comparison, purchase order are entered in SAP
- Coordinate the preparation and processing of bidding documents for public tender offers to ensure a fair and transparent process for securing the services of consultants and contractors
- Produce and maintain an up-to date supplier database and price list for easy access to the required information that would ensure prompt procurement of goods and materials for program activities.
- Follow each stage of the supply operations from the submission of purchase requisition up to delivery in-country in coordination with the Administrative assistant for receipt of goods and verification and matching in comparison with goods receipt notes and delivery notes.
- Responsible for drafting contract agreement in line with laid down processes
- Maintain a schedule of all contract agreement for prompt renewal, if required.
- Maintain a schedule of fleet movement
- Provide oversight supervision of drivers
- Fulfil Plan’s Child Protection Policy at all times to safeguard and protect the child at all times without any reports or incidents of child abuse.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned from time to time to support the attainment of organizational goals.
Communication and Working relationships
- Keeps and maintain a high contact with contractors, service providers and suppliers for the provision of goods, material, equipment, utilities repairs and maintenance that would ensure Plan receives value for money.
- Maintains a high contact with all country office staff to receive and process requests for procurement related services.
- Maintains medium contact with staff in the program unit office to offer support, information, influence and or reasoning with regards to procurement related issues.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.