Jobs In Accra 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
This position requires strong analytical, report-writing, negotiation, and communication, skills to be able to perform at the optimum level. Postholder will work with the Business Development team focusing on local funding raising and partnerships opportunities that contribute to the overall fund-raising and partnerships efforts of Plan International Ghana. In addition to pursuing local fundraising, post-holder will initiate and coordinate the establishment and development of relations with state structures, international organizations, civil society organisations and private sector structures on an equal footing within a formal framework, mutually agreed collaborations with shared objectives and responsibilities that would enable Plan International Ghana to:
- Promote the values ??of Plan International, understand its own barriers and catalysts and those of partners on gender inequality, learn from others and jointly define appropriate indigenous solutions to reduce inequalities in favor of girls;
- Contribute to the mobilisation of civil society and capacity building for civil society organisations for the realisation of children's rights advocacy and other influencing activities;
- Mobilize resources for the implementation of projects and programs;
- Ensure the sustainability of interventions and the consolidation of achievements.
Dimensions of the Role
- [This section provides a summary of the size and authority of the post. It covers the size of the budget held, the numbers of direct reports, other key stakeholders who may depend on it, the type of communication required, the external representation involved and the reach of the role.]
- Financial measures or statistics relevant to post such as budget; list of direct and indirect reports
- Area of Responsibility –Local Grants and Partnerships to support the country strategy of Plan International Ghana.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- [This section is critical for clarifying expectations of the role, providing the framework for its relationship with colleagues and providing areas of accountability against which performance can be managed.
- This should include a series of brief statements that define the end results required. e.g. drive, contribute, identify, manage, responsible for, advise/coach, build, develop, provide, conduct, oversee, establish, participate etc.
- Statements should ideally be worded so that they will lead to thoughts of measurement. For example, it is better to state something like "achieve maintenance standards" than "undertake maintenance". The former leads to a measure against the maintenance standards.]
Strategic Management of local Fundraising and partnerships
- Initiate and coordinate the development and regular update of Plan International Ghana's policy, plans, and guidelines on local Fundraising and partnerships;
- Initiate and coordinate under the supervision of the Business Development Manager and in concert with the Technical Advisors and the Head of Programmes and other relevant functional units, a framework for effective local fundraising and partnerships to achieve strategic and programmatic objectives per country strategy;
- Initiate and coordinate under the supervision of the Business Development Manager the development and monitoring of the implementation of guidelines for local fundraising as well as the operationalization of the partnerships cycle.
- Ensure the partnerships cycle is aligned to Plan International’s global building better partnerships (BBP) approach.
Operational management of the Local Fundraising and partnerships
Local Grants Acquisition and Management:
- Ensure readily available data per country programmes priorities for easy reference for proposal and concept note development.
- Develop a schedule for local resource mobilization within Plan International Ghana.
- Maintains a database of all potential donors for purpose of local fund raising
- Support the preparation and review of local grants proposal budget
- Reviews concept notes and proposals for submission to the Business Development Manager
- Monitors local Grants Implementation in the field.
Local Grants Reporting:
- Support local Grants Reporting to ensure they meet local donor requirements and produce no negative/adverse feedback. To do this, the role will:
- Develop, update and maintain a schedule for grants reporting detailing the donor, reporting requirements, type of reports, deadlines etc
- Facilitates timely follow ups on donor deadlines
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Local Donor Relationship Management:
- Facilitate timely follow ups on local donor deadlines and ensure that all local donor queries are adequately addressed
- Review reports due local donors and ensure that reports meet donor reporting requirements as per FADs and other documented agreements and recommend actions to Business Development Manager.
How To Apply
This Job Listing Has Expired
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.