Jobs In Accra 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Gender Equality Coordinator Job Summary
As an extension to the Strengthening Health Outcomes for Women & Children (SHOW) Project, the SHOW Costed Extension to COVID-19 is a 12 month project aimed at increasing demand for COVID19 prevention messages, ensure continuity of services and improve access and utilization of essential health services by women of reproductive age (WRA), adolescent girls, newborns and children under 5 living in poverty, with high vulnerability on the Demand side. On the Supply side it aims at an improved delivery of quality essential health services to WRA, adolescent girls, newborns and children under 5 living in poverty, with high vulnerability
To lead, co-ordinate, facilitate and provide technical support in alignment with Plan International’s Gender Equality Policy and the project Gender Equality Strategy and to provide technical support to the project team, local partners and other stakeholders on mainstreaming gender equality in the implementation and management of the Strengthening Health Outcomes of Women and Children (SHOW) Project
Dimensions of Role:
Financial measures or statistics relevant to post such as budget; list of direct and indirect reports
Area of Responsibility – Project districts
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Typical Responsibilities - Key End Results of Position:
“What” is done and “why”, but not “how”; include indicators for success
- Supports the Project Manager and all other project team members to integrate gender transformative actions in the design, management and monitoring of the SHOW project.
- Leads in the development and implementation of the project GE Strategy and actions on Unpaid care work, women and girls’ participation in decision making and the equitable distribution of household works between men and women and between boys and girls;
- Leads in developing all project audience specific trainings (project staff, partners, government and community stakeholders, health professionals, managers and frontline workers etc.), guidelines, resources and other collateral for the effective mainstreaming of GE in all activities;
- Leads in the implementation of all gender transformative actions aligned with project GE strategy.
- Ensures timely implementation of gender transformative activities in the project
- Conducts community visits to monitor the promotion of gender transformative actions in the SHOW project activities in the project districts to ensure quality supervision and monitoring, leading to improvement in programme delivery and submits reports of such visits
- Provides gender-related inputs to the project team for compilation of best practices and project outcomes as part of contractual reports;
- Provides top quality analysis and integration of gender in all SHOW project documents, promotional materials and other strategic documents;
- Under the direction of the Project Manager, facilitates capacity building of partners (Women’s Rights Organizations); GHS, NGOs, CHVS, Mother Support Groups, VSL Groups, Daddies Clubs, religious and traditional leaders, families and communities etc. on gender equality, power related dynamics of households and shared household responsibilities to ensure quality and timely delivery of the project activities relating to the empowerment of women and girls, male engagement and gender-responsive MNCH service delivery;
- Provides technical support to revise, develop and contextualized training and IEC materials
- Collaborates with the Monitoring and Evaluation team to monitor GE related indicator, analyze and report on progress in terms of achieving result.
- Facilitates building of partnerships, networks, coalitions and alliances with other stakeholders in the area of gender equality particularly at the project level;
- Collaborates with other project teams in and outside Plan International Ghana to ensure effective integration of other ongoing sector programmes such as, Health, Water and Sanitation, Child Protection and Household Economic Security Programmes in SHOW project activities, where feasible;
- Ensures gender equality considerations are mainstreamed in the Child protection and Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) activities, where applicable;
- Complies with Plan International’s Child Protection Policy at all times to prevent children from all forms of child abuses
- Performs any other duties that may be assigned to support the achievement of organizational goals relating to gender transformative actions.
Dealing with Problems:
Complexity of problems handled & the degree of investigation, analysis, & creative thinking required to solve them
- Ability to identify needs and provide timely and appropriate technical support in the area of gender equality promotion for the implementation of the SHOW project for maximizing results;
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Ability to advise on appropriate gender sensitive indicators in the performance measurement framework and support in the monitoring and reporting of programme results and objectives against agreed indicators;
- Ability to work with minimum supervision as well as part of a complex multi-sectoral, geographical and technical team;
- Ability to analyse issues, risks and emerging opportunities for appropriate and responsive decision making and to strengthen and support delivery of tasks that meet organizational GE requirements.
How To Apply
Interested applicants should:
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.