Jobs In Accra 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Learning Skills International School, established in 1986, has two branches at Osu Ringway and Adjiringano, East Legon.
Learning Skills International School (LSIS) with its Campuses at Osu Ringway and Adjiringanor respectively, is looking to hire MYP Teachers for Grade 7 Class. This role shall be based at our Adjringanor campus.
The International Baccalaureate® (IB) Middle Years Programme (MYP) emphasizes intellectual challenge. It encourages students aged 11 to 16 to make practical connections between their studies and the real world, preparing them for success in further study and in life.
Research shows that students participating in the MYP:
- Build confidence in managing their own learning
- Learn by doing, connecting the classroom to the larger world
- Outperform non-IB students in critical academic skills
- Consistently have greater success in IB Diploma Program examinations
- Thrive in positive school cultures where they are engaged and motivated to excel
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Starting Date: 7th September, 2021
Starting Salary: Attractive
Reporting Line: Reports to Deputy Principal and MYP Coordinator
Required Skills or Experience
- Model and promote the IB learner profile
- Effectively teach classes, as allocated, to a mixed-ability classes, drawn from a wide range of cultural and educational backgrounds, including students for whom English may not be their first language
- Monitor, assess and report on learners’ work and progress, in accordance with the IB and MYP policies and procedures on assessment and reporting
- Contribute to the development of the MYP inquiry-based curriculum (the production and ongoing review of units and/or schemes of work - including Interdisciplinary Units), ensuring both diversity and inclusivity are incorporated to student learning experiences
- Intentionally embed service-learning into the curriculum
- Actively contribute to the curriculum/teaching team
- Be actively involved in school-related activities, such as concerts, sports events, graduation,etc.someof which may take place outside of the school day·
- Play an active role in all aspects of the pastoral care of students, focusing on their social and emotional development. To include but not limited to:
- Acting as a channel for communication between students, staff and parents;
- Supporting students with the development of organizational skills and study skills;
- Carrying out academic monitoring, such as checking diaries, the completion of homework etc.;
- Upholding the expectations outlined in the Student Code of Conduct and dress code;
- Demonstrate and pursue excellence in teaching and best practices in education, including teaching and learning in a BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) environment
- Keep professionally current on developments in the field of education, through reading and participating in in-service courses and workshops
- Identify and adopt the most effective active, creative teaching approaches for all students in line with current best practice and the ethos of our school
- Work with other members of the Faculty to apply consistent standards in the following:
- Curriculum planning and delivery; formative and summative assessment through classwork,
- Homework, and formal examination; standardisation and moderation
- Create a stimulating learning environment, including displays of student work
- Seek ways to take learning outside the classroom; identify opportunities and take advantage of resources to contextualize learning locally, regionally, and/or globally
- Adopt strategies and monitor teaching and learning activities to support individuals with Learning Support or EAL needs, working collaboratively with Learning Support and EAL teachers and when applicable, co-teach alongside an EAL or Learning Support teacher
- Set, communicate, and assess homework/formative work regularly in line with school and department policy
- Identify and teach study skills/strategies that will develop students' ability to work independently
- Be fully aware of the health and safety policy and procedures and implement these in all aspects of the role
- Attend staff meetings and participate in group committee work as required
- Abide by school decisions and policies
- Provide relevant information about student or parental concerns or conflicts to the appropriate line manager
- Carry out additional activities, as requested, in line with the general expectations of this job description.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Professional Qualifications and Qualities:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent;
- Classroom teacher certification/qualification to teach the relevant grade levels and subjects;
- A minimum of four years recent and relevant experience in a comparable school environment;
- Knowledge of the IB programmes
- Knowledge and/or experience with co-teaching models would be an advantage
- Excellent communication skills in English, both oral and written;
- Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills;
- The ability to work well independently as well as with students, parents, and staff members;
- IT competence and experience as well as the ability to acquire knowledge of the ISB database and other teaching applications, such as Google Apps for Education, will be required;
- Maturity and commitment to exercise sound judgment;
- The ability to work with tact and discretion and to maintain appropriate confidentiality;
- Ability to effectively multi-task;
- Demonstrated reliability in current position including an excellent attendance record;
- Must be able to meet the physical demands of the position;
- Able to demonstrate flexibility, reliability and initiative both individually and as a team member in support of school activities both within and outside of the classroom
How To Apply
Kindly send all cvs to [email protected] on or before 30th August, 2021.
Kindly note shortlisted applicants would be required to take a skills assessment test as part of the recruitment process.
Deadline: August 12, 2021
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.