Jobs In Accra 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
The USAID Partnership for Education: Learning (Learning) activity is a nine-year, $91.7 million activity aligned with USAID’s global goal of “all children reading” that supports Ghana’s Ministry of Education (MoE), Ghana Education Service (GES), and affiliated institutions to improve reading performance for early grade pupils. Learning, implemented by FHI 360, has worked to achieve this aim through four programs: the Early Grade Reading Program (EGRP), the Transition to English (T2E) program, the National Reading Radio Program (NRRP) and the T2E Plus program.
The T2E Plus Component Two will focus on resuming the T2E program to assist early grade readers in the transfer of reading skills from their designated local language to reading in English, specifically focusing on,
a) improving students’ skills in Listening Comprehension, Letter Sound Identification, Non-Word Fluency, Oral Reading Fluency and Reading Comprehension, among others to be identified by FHI 360,
b) building on the prior EGRP intervention and the earlier investments in transitioning students from their mother tongue to English, and
c) scaling up the T2E’s reach to over 5,000 non-GALOP schools across all 16 regions.
The Communications Officer’s primary responsibility will be to support the Communications and Publications Specialist on all Learning’s T2E Plus implementation of activities.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Assist in the preparation of a communication plan for Learning’s T2E Plus implementation.
- Assist in coordinating the T2E Plus communication campaign to be undertaken with MoE and GES and other affiliated institutions.
- Assist in the compilation of project documentation by working with technical staff to gather information on project activities.
- Provide or coordinate proof reading and copy-editing support to Learning’s technical and communication staff to maintain high quality standards and adherence to project guidelines.
- Support in coordinating success stories and other write-ups following USAID’s formats and requirements.
- Work closely with GES to provide support in preparing, editing and disseminating contents for the project using communication tools such as websites, electronic newsletters, blogs or other publications that capture the successes and lessons learned from the results of Learning’s implementations.
- Support in the development and dissemination of implementation activity results.
- Provide support by generating content for social media platforms and monitoring responses for all posts made etc.
- Support the development of materials for workshops and other dissemination events and follow-up on all communications and deliverables.
- Assist in all other job-related communications and administrative duties assigned to ensure the achievement of objectives as outlined in the project dissemination strategy.
- Undertake other responsibilities deemed necessary to achieve the aims of the Learning project
Qualification And Experience
- At least a bachelor’s degree in Communication or related field.
- Knowledge of USAID regulations, writing and reporting requirements.
- Demonstrated knowledge in the development and broadcasting of Public Service Announcements.
- Demonstrated skills in report writing, editing, fact sheets, newsletters, blogs and other publications.
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office (word, excel, PowerPoint, web design etc.)
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package , professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
How To Apply
Interested applicants should:
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.