Jobs In Obuasi 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Underground Mining Alliance Ltd. (“UMA”) is a Joint Venture between African Underground Mining Services Limited (AUMS) and Rocksure International carrying out underground development and production works for the AngloGold Ashanti (Obuasi) Mine.
UMA is seeking to employ qualified and experienced persons to fill the following positions: Underground Shift Supervisor (Shift Boss) . These are Obuasi based Fixed Term position with a competitive work roster at its operations in Obuasi. Remuneration package includes attractive salary and performance-based incentive payments for the right candidates.
The position will provide you with an excellent opportunity to further develop your career in underground mechanised mining while working alongside experienced industry professionals in a safe, dynamic and outcome focused environment.
Reporting to the Mine Foreman, you will be responsible for the supervision of the overall day to day performance, co-ordination, management, and maintenance of the specified mining shift to assist in obtaining maximum productivity, efficiency, quality, service and profitability for UMA while upholding all aspects of compliance and standards and adhering to budget and prescribed criteria. Train the work force in the use of modern mining techniques and supervise them to achieve planned targets for development and production within budgeted costs.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- To monitor equipment availability and utilization, and assess production priorities based on these factors.
- To assist Mine Foremen to answer queries and handle requests related to mine operations, including problem solving and judgment.
- To provide, in conjunction with the Mine Foremen and Environment, Health, Safety and Training Advisor, assessment of safety and performance outcomes
- To be the go-to expert in the mine on all aspects of development drilling, production drilling, charging and blasting, hauling systems and methodologies.
- To discuss short-range mine plans with Mine Foreman and Planning Engineers to ensure plans are realistic and achievable.
- To be responsible for the assessment of all activities and processes related to mine operations.
- To assist in preparing reports and completing documentations related to Mine Operations.
- To participate in the development of applicable Standard Operating Procedures.
- To ensure that a safe working environment is maintained at all times and that all work is carried out in line with the company's safety, health and environmental policies.
- To perform any other related duties assigned from time to time by his supervisor.
Required Skills or Experience
- Should be a Mining Engineer or long service Miner who has passed through all requirements and has a Shift Boss Certificate of Competency issued by the Inspectorate Division of Minerals Commission-Ghana;
- 7 years of underground mining experience in development operations including face management, ventilation circuits and services with at least 5 years of hands-on exposure in a similar position;
- Should have comprehensive knowledge in the Mine Regulations
- Conversant with the use of MS Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- A training the trainers or supervisory certificate of competency.
- Should have an appreciable knowledge of operations of all underground machines
- Effective budgeting, planning and scheduling skills for both production and projects;
- Problem-solving and decision-making skills;
- Effective management skills and ability to train and mentor others;
- Willing to work extended hours to meet tight deadlines;
- Effective communication skills both written and oral;
- Flexible rotations, including night shift, if critical circumstances need attention;
- High regard for safe work practices and procedures;
- Must possess a valid Ghanaian driving and operating licenses (C & E Classes) and can drive underground
CONTINUE READING BELOW
How To Apply
Eligible candidates will be selected after the interview process and evaluated for suitability in terms of behavioural characteristics, organisational fit, capability to work with the relevant complexity of work and ability to establish and maintain a positive and engaging culture with all stakeholders.
When applying, please follow the guidelines below to maximize the success of your application:
- Limit your Curriculum Vitae (CV) to four (4) pages
- Your CV must include demographic detail, qualifications, work experience and a minimum of two referees
- List your most recent positions first.
- Include copies of relevant, original certificates and academic records
Applications, together with detailed curriculum vitae and proof of qualifications, should be submitted by the deadline date to
before or on 10th August 2021.
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.