Jobs In Accra 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
The Government of Ghana is embarking on an ambitious agenda to diversify the economy from an Aid dependant, exporter of primary produce, to a prosperous industrialized nation, in charge of her economic destiny, and engages competitively with the rest of the world through trade and investment.
At the core of this agenda is the development of an economy that can create jobs at scale and add value in country through a flagship Planting for Food and Jobs (PFJ) programme that is motivating farmers, SMEs and the youth to get involved in Agri-Business.
In support of this agenda, TBI is seeking a Agri-Business Advisor to be based in the Ministry of Food & Agriculture, working closely with the Food & Agriculture Minister, and other Government counterparts to help accelerate the implementation of this priority programme of Government.
This is an initial fixed term role of two years.
The key responsibilities are as follows:
- Support the Food & Agriculture Minister and his team in the implementation of Agri-business flagship projects in the agriculture sector, especially in a context of economic impact post the COVID-19 crisis, including but not limited to supporting the further development and expansion of the Government’s Greenhouse Villages
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Assist the Ministry of Food & Agriculture in prioritizing improvements to the enabling environment for the most transformative value chains with export potential and developing delivery systems and tools to ensure effective implementation of adequate policy measures
- Conduct ad hoc, highly bespoke and relevant analysis, as needed to progress the delivery of the agriculture agenda and to support the development and implementation bankable projects for investors linking with other key Government institutions
- Coordinate closely with other TBI advisors working on agriculture, including those in other parts of Government
- Help improve access to markets for Ghanaian agriculture produce
- Support the improved packaging of investment projects into agro-processing for export and high-value local transformation
- Identify institutional gaps that need to be addressed to attract investment into promoting local Agri-businesses and improving access to markets with a focus on strengthening local agribusiness SMEs
- Work alongside TBI colleagues, Government counterparts and international partners to undertake key value chain analysis and implementation support
- Support the Country Head, Deputy Head and other team members with quarterly and annual reporting, strategic and management programmes
- Manage strategic relationships in the sector, including with key partners
We are looking for an outstanding individual with a proven track record of delivery in the public or private sectors. The successful candidate will thrive in an environment where the importance of personal initiative coupled with teamwork is critical. Above all s/he will build effective relationships, win trust, and help shape and influence change in Government.
- Ideally 7-10 years of experience working on Government delivery applied to economic development, agriculture transformation programmes or investment promotion work in emerging markets especially in Africa and or similar contexts, including but not limited to issues related to market systems development, public-private collaboration, export development, investment facilitation, commercial agriculture, and value chain development
- Experience facilitating and attracting companies to invest in agro-businesses in emerging markets for export, would be an asset
- Political savvy and an understanding of the needs of a senior Government official, while being able to work and interact at the highest level of public life
- Excellent in building and managing effective relationships, including the ability to navigate a complex political environment
- Experience of identifying and resolving project implementation bottlenecks with demonstrable capacity for follow through and delivering of results
- An ability to work independently, think strategically and translate strategies into delivery plans on the ground, with emphasis on attention to details; with excellent analytical, organizational, communication and management skills
- Ability to liaise with partner Governments, external bodies, organizations and key stakeholders to deliver the requirements of the office, and TBI in particular
- Excellent inter-personal skills and ability to work in a team with colleagues
- Masters degree in a related field would be advantageous
- Self-starter, motivated and proactive with solutions
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Above all, we are looking for individuals with high levels of enthusiasm, resilience, and a can-do attitude. Experience of living and working in developing countries is desirable but not essential.
About The Institute
The Tony Blair Institute (TBI) is a mission-driven not for profit organisation. We exist to equip political leaders and governments to build open, inclusive and prosperous societies. We work hard, every day, to make a difference. When governments work well they are able to create economic and social change in a way that promotes fairness, social justice and opportunity. We work relentlessly to support leader and governments with the challenges they face. Giving them practical solutions and actionable insights, that once implemented, can be transformative for their people
We do this within two connected divisions:
Our Advisory Practice works directly with political leaders and governments around the world to implement reforms that improve the lives of their citizens. It has both non-profit partners and a client base and its outputs cover a range of disciplines and projects across countries in Africa, the Middle East, Eastern Europe and South Asia. We are currently in a rapid expansion phase from c. 18 countries at present, to 30 by December 2022.
Our Policy Futures work encompasses three broad areas:
- Renewing the Centre: developing a bold and innovative domestic policy programme to help renew the centre ground of British politics;
- Tech and Public Policy: exploring the policy challenges and opportunities presented by the technological revolution; and
- Extremism Policy Unit: creating solutions designed to tackle the threat of extremist ideologies in the UK and around the world.
As an organisation, the core beliefs we all embrace are:
- Open and Progressive: you’ll believe in the value of teamwork
- Bold and Pragmatic: you’ll approach everything you do with integrity and authenticity
- Optimistic Changemaker: you’ll be focused on results
TBI believes embracing diversity and inclusion make us a better place to work. It’s our goal to reflect everyone in society and we actively welcome applications from individuals and groups who are under-represented in the workplace. We celebrate difference be it ethnicity, religion, age, gender or gender identity, sexual orientation or disability.
We will only ever assess you on your abilities and fit for a role. We’re happy to discuss any adjustments you need to ensure a level playing field during recruitment and, if you\’re successful, discuss any adjustments you might need to thrive in your role.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
How To Apply
This Job Listing Has Expired
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.