Jobs In Accra 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
The University of Professional Studies, Accra (UPSA) is inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates for appointment as Director of Medical Services.
- The Director of Health Services serves as the administrative head of the University Clinic and is responsible to the Vice-Chancellor through the Registrar for providing leadership to the facility.
- He/She is also responsible for the general administration of the Clinic in respect of human and material resources within the general framework of UPSA's statutes and policies and/or as may be determined by the University Council.
- The successful candidate will help shape the future of the Clinic in ways consistent with UPSA's vision and strategic plan. It is expected that the appointed Director will have a distinguished record of clinical expertise and managerial competence.
- The position is certain for three years, subject to review and renewal for another three years based on performance.
The position holder's duties and responsibilities include:
- Develop the health services strategy, procedures and processes and a number of activities related to the delivery of quality medical care and clinical services such as cost management, utilization of resources, quality assurance, and medical protocol development
- Establish administrative policies, procedures, and controls to ensure provision of high-quality health care services to the University Community.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Develop clinic protocols, perform physical examinations and identify health care needs of patients, and monitor treatment progress of patients.
- Ensure compliance with the relevant statutory rules, regulations and codes relating to the operations of a medical facility.
- Provide direct supervision and training to the nursing staff, nursing students, and nurse practitioners, students. Functions as a health team leader in emergency situations.
- Participate in providing educational programming for the University student on health issues and provide outreach to the University Community to promote health education.
- Develop and implement the annual budget of the facility.
Qualification Required & Experience
The successful candidate should have the following qualifications, traits, and competencies:
- Preferably be of at least a Director Rank from a reputable institution;
- Be capable of providing leadership to the clinic;
- Proven competencies and experience in leading and managing a Medical Facility;
- Strong commitment to Service excellence;
- Knowledge of the laws of Ghana governing the operations of a medical facility;
- Proven track record of innovative and effective leadership in a Medical facility;
- Ability to take initiatives leading to innovations.
- Strong communication and presentation skills;
- Previous experience in similar position will be an added advantage.
Educational and Professional Qualifications
- Must be in good standing with the Medical and Dental Council of Ghana
- Member of the Ghana Medical Association
- Minimum qualification of MBChB
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- A minimum of 15 years cumulative Managerial and Clinical experience.
- A broad knowledge base and experience in clinical care
How To Apply
Interested applicants should download Application Form from the University of Professional Studies, Accra (UPSA) website:
Completed application forms together with detailed resumes and photocopies of relevant certificates and names of three referees who are conversant with applicant's academic/professional competence should be forwarded to:
UNIVERSITY OF PROFESSIONAL STUDIES, ACCRA,
POST OFFICE BOX LG 149
Closing Date: 04 August, 2021
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.