Jobs In Accra 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Boart Longyear is hiring a new DS Junior Buyer to be based in Ghana, Ahafo Kenyasi. The DS Junior Buyer is responsible for buying and global availability of spare parts for drill rigs. Purchase and sourcing items in accordance with established policies and procedures.
Interact with internal customers and suppliers. In charge of buying activities for regional DS operations. Accountable for expediting, running order action reports, monitoring lead times and order quantities to achieve proper turns and inventory levels.
- Maintain adequate inventory levels based on policies and procedures
- Retain supply for critical spares
- Reduce item cost through sourcing activities
- Direct all processes and procedures for rig down situations
- Communicate clearly with internal customers to set expectations and understand customer requirements
- Proactively prevent and resolve issues related to spare parts availability
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Translate demand forecast into most effective supply planning strategy
- Monitor supplier performance and drive KPI performance
- Evaluate supply base, identify risks, and develop sourcing strategies
- Other duties as required
- Minimum 2 years of proven working experience with planning and/or buying
- Experience in mining or heavy equipment industry is preferred
- BS Degree or equivalent required.
- Strong analytical skills
- Advanced Excel
- ERP systems
How To Apply
Interested applicants should:
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.