Engineering Jobs In Brong Ahafo Region : Emergency Response Team (ERT) Member - Newmont Mining CorporationEngineering Jobs In Ghana 2021
Jobs In Brong Ahafo Region 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Newmont Mining Corporation is a leading global gold producer with key assets in Nevada, Peru, Australia, Ghana and Suriname.
Newmont’s Africa Operations holds two gold mining operations in Ghana: the Ahafo Mine located in the Brong-Ahafo region and the Akyem Mine located in the Eastern region. There is also near mine exploration and development focus in Ghana to annually replace gold reserves. Newmont Africa also has early-stage exploration programs in the African countries of Ethiopia and Morocco.
Our Africa operations employ approximately 5,900 employees and contractors, with the majority working at the Ahafo Mine. We offer an unparalleled blend of opportunity and career satisfaction with all the benefits you would expect from a global company. This, combined with our growth opportunities, makes Newmont a great company to work.
Our Akyem and Ahafo mines have made significant sustainable community development investments in our host communities. These include establishing Development Funds at our Akyem and Ahafo operational areas with each mine contributing US$1 per ounce of gold sold and 1% of net pre-tax annual profit into its community development fund.
The only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index, Newmont in 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Newmont’s industry leading performance is reflected through our Africa operations’ high standards in environmental management, health and safety for our workforce and creating value and opportunity for our employees, host communities and Newmont’s shareholders.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
About This Role:
- Do you have a minimum of 3 years mining experience predominantly in an Emergency Response environment?
- Are you interested in joining an inclusive and diverse work environment?
Join the Newmont Emergency Response Team where you will assist in responding to all emergencies on-site in a safe, timely and professional manner as stated in the Ahafo emergency plan.
In This Role You Will:
Emergency Response Team (ERT) Program and System Response
- Assist in providing an effective response to the Ahafo Emergency Rescue Plan system and programs, including but not limited to high-risk activities including working at heights, confined space entry, handling hazardous chemicals (i.e. transfer of cyanide), fire, injuries, water rescue and recoveries.
- Follow all standard operating procedures and protocols for all Emergency Response activities.
- Receive formalized Fire Safety training at Ahafo.
- Attend training and development programmes to effectively deal with emergency situations in advanced first aid, extrication, firefighting, confined space rescue and high angle rope rescue.
- Contribute to providing input into hazard and risk assessments and vulnerability to human life, equipment and company assets.
ERT Equipment Maintenance
- Support with conducting ERT equipment inspections to identify any potential defects or malfunctions.
- Assist with maintaining and calibrating any ERT equipment that may need to be serviced.
ERT Communication and Stakeholder Management
- Work together with fellow ERT members to swiftly respond to existing response plans depending on the type of emergency faced.
- Give feedback to the ERT Lieutenant on any outstanding Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) requirements to effectively address emergency situations.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
ERT Data Entry and Reporting
- Document and file all reports for easy access.
ERT Operational Execution
- Participate in regular drills to reinforce training activities.
- Assist in identifying, reporting and controlling of safety, environment and community hazards.
- Run all rescue and recovery activities relating to both individuals and property by responding to emergency calls from the Security Control Center (SCC) promptly.
- Participate in cyanide sparging activities to ensure the safe delivery of cyanide to the mine site and avoidance of hazardous material disposal and its impact on the environment.
- Help in conducting safety inspections on refuge chamber, underground washrooms, stench gas and escape way.
- Support in providing Stope stand-by duties and emergency stand-by duties for bullion transfer in relation to the transfer of gold bullion via helicopter.
- Provide support with conducting all drug and alcohol tests on-site by filling in the results from the tests on the designated form and submitting the completed form to HR for review.
Your Training, Skills & Experience Checklist:
Formal Qualification (including Professional Registrations):
- West African Secondary School Certificate Examination (WASSCE) / Senior Secondary Certificate Examination (SSCE).
- Firefighter I Certification and First Aid Certification are essential.
- A minimum of 1 – 3 years’ working experience in an Emergency Response environment.
- Sound communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Sound organizing and incident management skills.
- Sound computer literacy skills – MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Ability to operate mechanical tools and test equipment.
- Sound information monitoring and management skills.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Detail focused.
- Takes initiative.
- Goal oriented.
- Safety conscious.
- The position is located at the Ahafo South mine.
How To Apply
This Job Listing Has Expired
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.