Jobs In Tamale, Northern Region 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
SOS Children's Villages Ghana is part of a global humanitarian and child welfare organisation that provides a stable family environment for children in need. We have four villages currently in operation in Tema, Asiakwa, Kumasi & Tamale. We also provide social services for families at risk through our Family Strengthening Programme (FSP). Applications are invited from suitably qualified and dynamic persons for appointment as Programme Director
Duty Post: Tamale
The Programme Director will co-ordinate all programme interventions and wil be responsible and accountable for the overall development and management of the programme and its staff. He/ She Will be required to manage a coordinated approach to Child and Youth Care, Family and Community Development,
Education and Advocacy within the given programme location., The Programme Director will also be required to ensure that the individual needs and rights of chddren and youth are addressed and respected in the spirit of the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child (UNCRC) and the UN Guidelines on the
Alternative Care of Children. He/She will have to buid and maintain positive and strong relationships with the community, local authorities and a network of partner organisations.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Duties and responsibilities:
- Ensure the overall development of the Programme
- Guide and support Programme Co-workers
- Promote strong and long-temi partnerships with local authorities, partner organisation's and the community
- Contribute to the development of the National Association and the SOS Children's Village Organisation
- Manage heads of all programme units within the location
- Identify Local funding opportunities and grant applications or other forms of local income (such as donations in kind and government subsidies)
- Develop proposals for projects in the location
- Ensure professional human resource management at location level (orientation, recruitment, performance management etc,)
- Act as role model and promote child rights/child safeguarding in the location,
The Programme Director reports directly to the National Director and receives guidance and on-going support from the National and Regional Programme Development staff
Position demands & Experience:
- A minimum qualification of first degree or equivalent qualification: preferably in Social Sciences or Community Development. A 2nd Degree in Organisational Development or Business /Project Management will be an added advantage.
- In-depth knowledge of the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child (UNCRC) and the UN Guidelines on the Alternative Cam of Children
- Versatile communication skills that can be effective at all levels.
- Three years minimum experience in managing a team consisting of approximately eight people
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite)
CONTINUE READING BELOW
How To Apply
Interested applicants should send their applications, (indicating their reliable phone numbers) and curriculum vitae with Photocopies of certificates addressed to:
The HR/Admin Manager
P.O. Box AN 16657
Or email to
Not later than 16th July, 2021.
Only shortliated applicants shall bo contacted
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.