Jobs In Accra 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
TechnoServe Inc (http://(www.technoserve.org) is a leader in harnessing the power of the private sector to help people lift themselves out of poverty. A nonprofit organization operating in 29 countries, we work with enterprising men and women in the developing world to build competitive farms, businesses and industries. By linking people to information, capital and markets, we have helped millions to create lasting prosperity for their families and communities.
Founded over 50 years ago, TechnoServe has been named the #1 nonprofit for fighting poverty by the ImpactMatters charity ratings agency.
The Senior Business Advisor will fill the role in an anticipated agricultural project funded by a donor, focusing on the cocoa value chain. The proposed program seeks to build the capacity of cocoa cooperatives to independently source cocoa beans according to the donor’s specifications and principles, and supply beans to other international buyers. TechnoServe will enhance the capacity of the network of supplier cooperatives through customized management support designed to strengthen the financial and business skills of the cooperative leaders, employees, and members.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
The Senior Business Advisor will provide capacity building support to cooperative leaders in the program. S/He will provide technical and managerial support needed to the cooperative leaders to ensure excellence in program design and delivery with project partners. The Senior Business Advisor will provide technical and managerial support needed to ensure excellence in program design and delivery with partners throughout the value chain.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Support the Project Manager in designing and executing the planned interventions
- Facilitate, develop, and manage cooperatives; focus on capacity building, governance structure, administrative and financial management, and member services
- Provide business advisory to cooperative leaders, managers, and relevant members in key areas for development
- Conduct follow-up coaching visits to the cooperatives during monthly site visits
- Support Project Manager to develop action plans in close collaboration with cooperative leaders and relevant employees
- Support Project Manager to identify new opportunities for investment readiness
- Strict adherence to timeframe of assignments in project life-scope
- Ensure accurate data is collected and captured for monthly report and analysis
- Support training material revision; analyze training needs and tailor and improve curricula as needed
- Any other tasks that may be assigned
Required Skills or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business management, Accounting and other relevant fields
- Minimum of 7 - 9 in capacities relating to either agribusiness, marketing, SME development or advisory services
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Deep knowledge of the cocoa industry and its challenges
- Excellent interpersonal skills and proven ability working with teams
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- High levels of cultural sensitivity and strong cross-cultural communication skills
- Ability to develop well-written and cohesive analytical reports
Travel: Willingness to travel within the country up to 40% of the time
How To Apply
Qualified and interested applicants should apply using this link:
We encourage all qualified individuals who share TechnoServe's vision of improving the lives of others through proven business solutions to apply.
As part of our commitment to diversity, we are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, HIV/AIDS status, protected veteran status, disability and all other protected classes.
We are also proud of our commitment to protecting staff, partners and beneficiaries from abuse and exploitation, and we vet all final candidates through rigorous background and reference checks.
If you have a disability that affects your ability to use our online system to apply for a position at TechnoServe please contact the Human Resources at [email protected] or call +1 202 785 4515.
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.