Jobs In Accra 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Newmont Mining Corporation is a leading global gold producer with key assets in Nevada, Peru, Australia, Ghana and Suriname.
Newmont’s Africa Operations holds two gold mining operations in Ghana: the Ahafo Mine located in the Brong-Ahafo region and the Akyem Mine located in the Eastern region. There is also near mine exploration and development focus in Ghana to annually replace gold reserves. Newmont Africa also has early-stage exploration programs in the African countries of Ethiopia and Morocco.
Our Africa operations employ approximately 5,900 employees and contractors, with the majority working at the Ahafo Mine. We offer an unparalleled blend of opportunity and career satisfaction with all the benefits you would expect from a global company. This, combined with our growth opportunities, makes Newmont a great company to work.
Our Akyem and Ahafo mines have made significant sustainable community development investments in our host communities. These include establishing Development Funds at our Akyem and Ahafo operational areas with each mine contributing US$1 per ounce of gold sold and 1% of net pre-tax annual profit into its community development fund.
The only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index, Newmont in 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Newmont’s industry leading performance is reflected through our Africa operations’ high standards in environmental management, health and safety for our workforce and creating value and opportunity for our employees, host communities and Newmont’s shareholders.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
About This Role
- To conduct electrical maintenance, deployment, troubleshooting, replacement, repair, and testing of electrical equipment and systems on drills, shovels and support equipment, according to electrical codes, Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) specifications and safety standards to ensure equipment availability and optimal mining operations and production.
In This Role You Will:
- Perform preventive maintenance routines and inspections.
- Generate a work order before the remedial or repair work is carried out.
- Raise a job card for work to be carried out, if any problems are identified.
- Attend to items on the maintenance planning schedule, as and when required.
- Accomplish work objectives by determining own work schedule, coordinate with support services.
- Troubleshoot technical and / or operational problems.
- Perform installations, maintenance and repair activities, in accordance with Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) specifications.
- Perform routine maintenance on all electrical equipment and ensure effective functioning, including but not limited to maintenance of drills, shovel and support equipment.
- Perform a variety of other maintenance tasks, such as electrical preventive maintenance.
- Confirm that tag-outs / lock-outs are in place when disconnecting / connecting and removing electrical components.
- Attend to equipment breakdowns.
- Provide information with regards to maintaining sufficient spare availability and stock levels.
- Assist specialists in making more complex repairs.
- Work within established procedures and operating manuals, as set out by the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEMs) and best practice.
- Check that daily and rotational quality targets are achieved, including First Stop After PM (FSAPM), Mean Time Between Failure (MTBF) and Mean Time to Repairs (MTTR).
- Carry out daily inspections and record all findings.
- Check all malfunctioned electrical systems and conduct root cause analysis in order to diagnose whether to repair or replace.
- Analyze specified problems and issues to find the best technical solutions within Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) specifications and in accordance with local codes.
- Strive to reduce downtime and minimize costs.
- Maintain records of maintenance and repair work.
- Produce daily reports indicating the jobs for the day and submit the report to the Supervisor.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Health, Safety and Environment
- Deliver on prescribed outcomes and / or provide support services, by applying Newmont’s Health, Safety and Environment systems, policies and protocols.
- Inspect the equipment to check and identify any electrical and basic mechanical risks.
- Attend all safety meetings.
Your Training, Skills & Experience Checklist:
Formal Qualification (including Professional Registrations):
- Electrical Engineering Technician certificate.
- Electrical Trade training, apprenticeship.
- MINCOM certified as Inspection Engineer is an advantage.
- Advance knowledge of mechanical maintenance principles and industry standards.
- Advance knowledge and experience of maintaining drills, shovels and support equipment.
- Knowledge of the work management process.
- Knowledge of planning and scheduling.
- Knowledge of Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS)/ Enterprise Resource Package (ERP).
- Minimum of 3 years’ electrical maintenance experience in a mining equipment maintenance, preferably repairing and maintaining drills, shovels and support equipment.
- Communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to identify problems and to report by using technical names of equipment parts.
- Ability to develop / maintain electrical distribution, generation and transmission systems and networks.
- Ability to correctly read power meters and record the readings accurately.
- Ability to maintain, commission equipment in accordance with legislation, regulations and international standards.
- Ability to manage the quality of operations in accordance with the quality standards of the organisation and international best practice.
- Safety conscious.
- Detail focused.
- Technically inclined.
- Takes initiative.
- Results driven.
- Team player.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Position is located in a very remote location. The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representatives of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform essential functions of this job.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- Physical Demands: While performing the duties of the job, the employee is required to work in confined spaces and will be exposed to extreme vibration.
- Work Environment: The employee is required to operate in a safety-critical environment with hazardous materials and potentially harmful / dangerous machinery and equipment. The employee is frequently exposed to noise more than 85 decibels, and to fumes, high temperature hazardous materials, sharp edges, dust, pinch-points, vibration, slippery surfaces etc. The incumbent will occasionally lift heavy materials and / or operate heavy machinery.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE): Work requires mandatory PPE such as helmet, goggles, high visible clothing, safety harness, ear plugs and dust mask according to working conditions.
How To Apply
This Job Listing Has Expired
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.