Jobs In Accra 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
The position will be based in Accra, Ghana and will involve in-country travel. Administrative and technical responsibilities include working with the global and regional leadership, in-country partners and US-CDC to implement agreed upon strategies to enhance laboratory networks as well as the broader surveillance systems, and capacity building of the detection of COVID-19 and other priority diseases.
- Provides administrative support to technical components of country-level project activities.
- Contributes to a variety of financial, administrative and logistics support needs as requested by the project.
- Contributes to the annual work planning and budgeting processes.
- Provides technical assistance to project staff to implement activities/interventions to support enhancements in support of the country national action plan for health security and improve JEE scores.
- Participates in the implementation of in-country laboratory enhancement activities.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Supports national stakeholders in developing or updating national laboratory strategic plans, SOPs and policies.
- Provides technical support based upon expertise with laboratory system strengthening, methods and strategies, current best practices, and established laboratory and operational standards while also being locally relevant and sustainable.
- Helps build capacity in local laboratory stakeholders and leaders to identify and oversee enhancements in laboratory networks.
- Provides support and training to facilities as part of overall capacity building and continuous improvement programs.
- Assists in writing and revising laboratory SOP’s and other laboratory documents.
- Provides technical support to improve laboratory systems to support surveillance of infectious diseases.
- Will be required to work with a diverse group of national organizations including the Government and other diagnostic network leaders, development partners, other regional and global project staff and local CDC staff.
- A minimum of a BSc in biological or laboratory science or an equivalent with a specialty in microbiology, virology or immunology.
- At least five years of experience in laboratory strengthening and capacity building.
- Knowledge of infectious disease outbreaks and experience in the diagnosis of infectious diseases including COVID-19 and specific hands-on diagnostics experience.
- Competent in current diagnostic methods for infectious diseases including point-of-care tests and molecular methods.
- Experience in developing or updating national laboratory strategic plans, SOPs, policies and guidelines.
- Knowledge and experience with strengthening laboratories to achieve international quality standards including against ISO 15189 and/or SLMTA/SLIPTA.
- Familiarity with GHSA Action Packages and IHR (2005) core capacities
- Understanding of evidence-based priority actions based on JEE and National Action Plan for Health Security (NAPHS) to improve health security.
- Awareness of the mechanisms and strategies that are being deployed under the GHSA and other similar mechanisms to combat emerging infectious threats.
- Sound knowledge and experience in clinical diagnostics (on-the-bench experience), laboratory networks and quality management systems.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
How To Apply
This Job Listing Has Expired
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.