Jobs In Ghana 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
The Mining Department is seeking to employ an experienced, competent and self-motivated Mining Engineer who will be responsible for short-to-medium term Mine Planning in a high volume selective mining environment. The successful applicant, in performing his/her assigned responsibilities will be expected to influence the main cost drivers in his/her area of responsibility.
- Ensure that mining is done to specification
- Generate short term production schedules and forecasts for weekly and monthly mine plans
- Develop Pit and Waste Dump schedules for three monthly and annual rolling mine plans
- Design Pits, Waste Dumps, Stockpiles, Haul Roads and other accesses
- Generate and monitor volumetric and spatial compliance to mine plans
- Provide technical support to Mining Contractor, Mine Operations team and other stakeholders
- Ensure that Mine Planning is carried out in compliance with legislation, regulations and standards
- Ensure pit and dump design implementation meet all technical and safety requirements
- Prepare month-end reports
- Assist with Drill and Blast designs, planning, scheduling sequencing and implementation
- Monitor the activities of the blasting section in order to control wall limits
- Train and develop junior engineers and other allied personnel
- Liaise with all Mining major stakeholders for organizing and implementing all Pre and Post Blasting tasks.
- Ensuring the achievement of qualitative and quantitative outputs through the efficient utilization of available resources
- Initiating cost saving practices and productivity improvements of specially assigned projects in the department
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- BSc in Mining Engineering
- Experience in Open Pit Drill and Blast
- Advance Knowledge and experience in Short Term Mine Planning
- Demonstrated abilities in people management
- Blasting Certificate will be an advantageous
- Must have practical experience in the use of relevant mine planning software, i.e. Surpac, Xpac and Alastri
- SAP proficiency
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills
- Medical fitness for the position and environment
- Must possess a valid Ghanaian driver’s license
How To Apply
Interested applicants should:
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.