Jobs In Accra 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Qatar Charity (QC) - a Doha based INGO - is one of the largest charity organizations in the Gulf and is actively working in Ghana to respond to humanitarian and developmental needs in the country. In Ghana, QC is more focused on health projects, social protection, education, water and sanitation.
- Base Location: Accra, Ghana
- Application Deadline: June 22nd, 2021
- Initial Contract Duration: Six (6) Months
- Expected Assignment Duration: 1-year (renewable based on Performance)
- Vacancy Type: National
Qatar Charity is recruiting a Driver in Accra to assist in implementation of different types of projects. The Driver will be a full-time Employee reporting to the Admin Support Officer/Human Resource Manager. He will be responsible for driving QC Official vehicles in executing ongoing projects and to places marked for official assignments.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- The post is based in Accra, with frequent visits to different project locations nationwide.
- Due to time difference between Ghana Office and the Head Quarters in Doha-Qatar, the Employee might work at odd times to help meet deadlines and to drop off or receive visitors to and from the Airport.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Under direct supervision of the Admin Support Officer/Human Resource Manager, the officer will have the following responsibilities:
- Carry out daily inspection of assigned vehicle(s) and report any defects.
- Ensure all appropriate equipment are readily available and in good working order.
- Driving any type of vehicles (per Class of License) assigned to him.
- Keep to appropriate timings.
- Keep accurate paper-based records.
- Ensure the safety of passengers at all times.
- Comply with all Qatar Charity policies and procedures.
- Comply with all Health and Safety rules and regulations.
- Provide passenger assistant role where required.
- Undertake any other tasks within the framework of QC proceedings assigned to him.
A. CORE COMPENTENCIES
- Excellent Communication.
- Client Orientation.
B. FUNCTIONAL AND TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES
- Ability to plan and organize.
- Capacity for teamwork and work independently.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and multi-task.
- Technological awareness.
Required Skills or Experience
1. Essential requirements
- Must be well groomed and have a pleasing personality.
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be proficient in the geography of Ghana especially Accra knowing all routes at finger tips.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Senior High Certificate/ Diploma.
- Driver’s training with a valid Driver’s License.
- Minimum of three (3) years of progressively responsible experience as a driver.
- Experience of at least one (1) year with an International Humanitarian Organization would be an advantage.
4. Language skills
- English and four other local languages. Arabic will be a plus.
- Excellent verbal, written and simple mathematical skills will be a plus.
How To Apply
To apply, please send your CV, salary history, 3 professional references (e-mail address and phone number) and a motivation letter explaining how you fulfil the requirements for this position to the following email:
on or before June 22nd, 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Recruitment can be finalized whenever a suitable candidate pops up.
NB. CVs can be submitted either in Arabic or English. Incomplete applications will not be considered including those received after the deadline. The email subject line MUST include the following: Professional Driver.
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.