Jobs In Accra 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Qatar Charity (QC) - a Doha based INGO - is one of the largest charity organizations in the Gulf and is actively working in Ghana to respond to humanitarian and developmental needs in the country. In Ghana, QC is more focused on health projects, social protection, education, water and sanitation.
- Reporting To: Sponsorship and Social Welfare Manager
- Base Location: Accra, Ghana
- Application Deadline: June 15th, 2021
- Duration: 01 year (renewable based on Performance)
- Vacancy Type:National
Qatar Charity is recruiting Social Welfare Officers based in Accra to help in implementation of sponsorship and social welfare projects.
The Officer will be a full-time employee reporting to the Sponsorship and Social Welfare Manager. (S)He will be responsible for studying different social cases following the social research methodology. (S)He will also be responsible for overseeing delivery of services accredited to beneficiaries in accordance with the highest professional standards. Based on QC mechanisms for reports, data collection, and preservation, (S)He will also be responsible for providing information and prepare reports on his achievements and that of the beneficiaries under his/her care.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
MAIN JOB DUTIES
Under direct supervision of the Sponsorship and Social Welfare Officer, the incumbent will have the following responsibilities:
- Adhere to all policies, systems and procedures in place in Qatar Charity.
- Understand social and cultural reality, and respect customs and traditions of the society he works for.
- Prepare case studies based on social research methodology and guidance of the sponsorship and social welfare officer.
- Submit studied case to the sponsorship and social welfare officer and support him with additional information on these cases whenever needed.
- Follow-up preparation of case files according to lists of documents required by QC, and to ensure the authenticity of all documents submitted.
- Maintain confidentiality of information on the cases studied, and fully committed to use such information in a professional way.
- Prepare and implement the periodic Action Plan (weekly / monthly) under supervision of the sponsorship and social welfare officer.
- Monitor provision of the required services to beneficiaries under his supervision and in accordance with QC general monitoring framework and the timeline approved by his supervisor.
- Monitor direct receipt of beneficiary allowances and ensure that they are on time and in the specified amounts, prepare and submit beneficiary lists to his supervisor officer.
- Liaise with various stakeholders to better serve provision of services to beneficiaries whom he supervises.
- Prepare reports for individual beneficiaries according to categories and reporting cycle, and to ensure that all data contained in the reports are up-to-date and accurate.
- Facilitate communication or access to beneficiaries for the purpose of follow up, monitoring or evaluation.
- Prepare quarterly narrative reports listing various achievements that have been made to provide services to different supervised groups.
- Provide necessary information about the supervised beneficiaries upon request either from the country office or headquarters.
The post is based in Accra, with infrequent visits and liaising with different partners for conducting social assessments.
NATURE OF POST
The Officer will contribute to the development of guidelines as the programme evolves. The Officer will be required to assess the most appropriate modes of action to accomplish the programme objectives. He/ she may be required to work long hours to meet deadlines while working under minimal supervision.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Required Skills or Experience
- Must be well groomed and have a pleasing personality
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and any other relevant software.
Qualifications and Competencies
- University degree in one of the following disciplines: sociology, social service.
- High capacities in social networking.
- Skills in time management and the ability to work under pressure.
- Good interpersonal skills to ensure effective working relationships with colleagues and external partners including governmental institutions;
- Ability for teamwork and problem solving oriented;
- Ability to meet deadlines, achieve results and work with minimal day to day supervision;
- Effective verbal and listening communications skills.
- Excellent level of reading, writing and speaking English language.
Additional Knowledge and experiences
Experience of not less than three years in social supervision.
How To Apply
To apply, please send your CV, salary history, 3 professional references (e-mail address and phone number) and a motivation letter explaining how you fulfil the requirements for this position to the following email:
on or before June 15th, 2021. Only shortlisted Applicants will be contacted.
NB. CVs can be submitted either in Arabic or English. Incomplete applications will not be considered including those received after the deadline. The email subject line MUST include the following: Social Welfare Officer.
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.