Jobs In Obuasi 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited, Obuasi Gold Mine is currently near completion of the redevelopment phase to become a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation has been fully mechanized and designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined..
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as Tyre Technician.
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
The Tyre Technician is accountable for executing all servicing and repair work of all mobile equipment and fleet tyres in a safe and compliant manner as instructed and tasked.
- Work compliantly with the requirement of Government of Ghana Agencies, environmental, health & safety legislation and AGAG regulation
- Accept personal responsibility for his own health and safety and that of every mine worker affected by his work
- Adhere to site’s Environmental Management Plan
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Attend training, development and performance improvement training as required
- Execute all planned and adhoc servicing and repair work of all mobile equipment and fleet tyres as tasked in accordance with all relevant regulations from Government of Ghana and AGAG
- Execute daily pre-start checks of equipment/tools in and prior to leaving workshop, should this be required. Escalate and report any anomalies to Supervisor
- Assess all equipment required for completion of the tasked work, create checklist and transport all tools necessary for task completion away from workshop if required
- Recognize any Tyre on vehicle or equipment with anomalies that would indicate requirements for maintenance, report and escalate to Supervisor.
- Provide data and information to support the Maintenance Planner to close out work orders in SAP on completion of the tasked work activities.
- Carry out work cost effectively
- Execute work in a timely manner
- Operate all equipment within the safe working environment
- Stop equipment operation if there exists a high risk or unsafe to be used and report to Supervisor
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Secondary/Technical education level
- Certificate of successful completion of respected Tyre Fitting / Auto Mechanic trade apprenticeship (example: City and Guilds).
- National Vocational Trade Institute (NVTI) Grade 1 Certificate
- Five (5) years of experience of post apprenticeship work in a Tyre Fitting / Auto Mechanic trade
- Familiarity with the Ghana Minerals and Mining (Health Safety and Technical) Regulation
- Must possess Valid Ghanaian Driving License “C” issued by DVLA.
- Must be familiar with underground Environment.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Fully literate and numerate
- Fully competent in mechanical trade
- Knowledge in crane safe operation
How To Apply
Interested applicants should:
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.