Jobs In Accra 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Oxfam is a rights-based global development organization with more than 70 years of experience in more than 90 countries worldwide. Oxfam’s mission is to end the injustice of poverty and inequality through systemic change and the advancement of political, economic and social rights. Oxfam has been working in Ghana since 1986, managing programs related to food security and livelihoods, universal access to education and healthcare and transparency and accountability in extractive industries (mining, oil and gas).
Oxfam’s experience in Ghana and strong partnerships with government institutions, Ghanaian civil society organizations and NGOs supports the delivery of active and innovative programs and advocacy work seeking to improve the livelihoods of Ghanaians and strengthen citizen accountability. Oxfam in Ghana currently works in 11 out of Ghana’s 16 administrative regions.
Background to EDUCATION OUT LOUD
The Education Out Loud (EOL) Programme was approved for implementation by the Global Partnership for Education (GPE) in 2019. GPE’s aim is to strengthen public national education systems to deliver stronger outcomes in the areas of learning, equity, gender equality, and inclusion. GPE is the largest fund for education in the world and provides around $800million a year for education in lower-income countries.
The goal of Education Out Loud is to enhance civil society capacity to further GPE’s strategic objectives in learning, equity, and in strengthening education systems by improving civil society participation, advocacy, and efforts to ensure transparency and increased effectiveness in national educational policy and implementation processes. As such, it aims to support both the traditional education networks and civil society partners working in areas such as tax justice, citizens´ engagement in fiscal transparency and community mobilisation.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
The Regional Finance Assistant will contribute to ensuring that financial management at regional level is carried out in accordance with internal processes and recognized financial standards and meets GPE’s requirements. He/she will work under the leadership of the Regional Program Manager and guidance of the Regional Finance Manager in the Regional Management Unit (RMU)
What we are looking for
We are looking for an experienced bi-lingual (English and French) Regional Finance Assistant to support all finance functions of the West and Central Africa (WCA) RMU in Ghana related to the EOL mechanism. The Finance Assistant will have responsibility to support the Finance Manager in ensuring that all grants disbursed in the region comply with the Oxfam IBIS and GPE/EOL financial guidelines. The candidate will ensure GPE’s funds are safeguarded through robust reporting and monitoring.
Based in Accra, Ghana, the candidate will require a good knowledge of International NGO Financial Reporting Standards and have some exposure to the management of finances of complex programmes. Some travel within the region may be required, in order to support the Finance Manager monitor partners in their grant management responsibilities.
Required Skills or Experience
Skills, experience and knowledge
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate the following essential skills, and it would be advantageous to demonstrate some or all of the desirable skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, financial management, business administration, or relevant
- At least 5 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Experience in budgeting, project accounting and financial reporting procedures for international
- Knowledge of budgetary processes in INGOs and experience working directly with local NGOs to build financial
- Strong verbal and written communications skills in English and
- Proven ability to analyze and synthesize complex issues
- Demonstrated ability, tact, and sensitivity in working across institutional boundaries, business units, and teams in an effective and productive
- Excellent computer skills, including expert knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
How To Apply
Interested applicants should:
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.