Jobs In Accra 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
We are seeking a driven, dedicated and determined Project Officer to join Transaid’s programmes team to make a difference in people’s lives by supporting the implementation of our current Ghana road safety programme.
An exciting and unique role that will make a difference in people’s lives by supporting Transaid’s programmes in Ghana and the region. This role will give the successful applicant the chance to develop their ability to manage international development programmes.
Based in Accra, you will work closely with this programme’s Project Manager and local stakeholders to contribute to the enhancement of Heavy Goods Vehicle (HGV) driver training standards in Ghana and the region, and. You will interact with and grow our existing networks in government, civil society and the private sector. You will be part of a broader UK and Africa-based Programmes Team, and will be expected to engage in regular meetings with this team face-to-face and online. The role may include travel to other parts of the region, and periodic travel to the UK.
We will consider all applicants who demonstrate an expertise in project delivery and a desire to challenge themselves. Experience of working on transport related programmes, in a private sector context and/or civil society would be highly advantageous, as would experience of working with government departments and other development partners.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- A knowledge of transport and logistics related programmes/activities;
- An ability to support multiple projects at the same time and manage competing deadlines;
- An ability to identify and engage high level key stakeholders;
- Previous experience of monitoring and evaluation activities;
- The confidence and ability to produce high quality reports, and manage budgets;
- Strong organisational skills, attention to detail and the ability to multi-task;
- Excellent English written and oral communication skills;
- A high level of computer literacy (Microsoft Office);
- A willingness and ability to travel within the region (trips up to 6 weeks and sometimes at short notice).
- A university degree (undergraduate and/or postgraduate) in a relevant field;
- Previous experience of contributing to applied research programmes;
- Public or private sector road safety management and/or health experience.
Salary: Salary commensurate with experience
CONTINUE READING BELOW
How To Apply
Please send a letter of application and CV (no longer than 3 sides in total) to
Applications that do not include a letter of application and a CV will not be considered.
Please mark the subject heading ‘Application for Ghana Project Officer Role at Transaid’.
The closing date for applications is Wednesday 30th June 2021.
Interview timings will be communicated individually to all shortlisted applicants.
Please note that due to the expected high level of interest in this position we will regretfully be unable to inform unsuccessful candidates and provide feedback.
Expected start date: The ideal expected start date is September/October 2021 (negotiable).
Note – applicants must have the right to live and work in Ghana.
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.