Jobs In Accra 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Are you an experienced leader with an entrepreneurial spirit? LifeNet International, a Christian NGO, is expanding to Ghana and looking for a Country Director who is passionate about starting something new. Join us as we seek to transform Ghanaian health centers to provide quality, sustainable care and save lives.
LifeNet International is seeking to recruit for the position of Ghana Country Director. This position will be responsible for establishing the LifeNet organization in Ghana to impact health outcomes by forming partner relationships with private, faith-based facilities in Ghana. LifeNet is seeking a candidate with an entrepreneurial spirit, capable of conducting start-up activities and working at all levels of the organization, and is excited about building lasting systems, hiring a qualified team, and forming new partnerships.
LifeNet is a nonprofit organization that creates innovative solutions for the everyday health challenges facing Africa’s poor. In 2011, LifeNet launched our first health network in Burundi, East Africa, to build the capacity of ten local faith-based facilities through nurse training, management systems, and a holistic approach towards improving access to quality healthcare services.
We have rapidly expanded upon this foundation and now operate six country programs across Sub-Saharan Africa. Our goal is to improve clinical performance at our partner facilities and help them achieve financial sustainability through sound management practices, growth financing, and equipment supply programs.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
This position will hold full responsibility for program objectives, partnership formation and management, local and regional fundraising, financial management, and day-to-day operations, along with the hiring and subsequent support of the Ghana leadership team. The Country Director is based full-time in Accra and reports directly to LifeNet’s Vice President of Operations at our US HQ in Washington, D.C.
Key Areas of Responsibilities
- Establish LifeNet in Ghana including creating the LifeNet Ghana office, recruiting and hiring all necessary staff, budgeting and financial reporting, creating internal systems, forming new partnerships, and initiating activities
- Strategically lead, develop and direct the implementation of all aspects of the Ghana program to ensure high program quality and impact in the field
- Develop and properly spend down annual budget making sure there are proper financial controls
- As the leader of a Christian organization, the Country Director will set an example by leading and attending devotions and living a lifestyle that is compatible with LifeNet values
- Form and cultivate strategic donor relationships which lead to funding opportunitie
- Introduce and represent LifeNet to all donors, project partners, other LifeNet offices and divisions, local and national government, regional bodies, church representatives, and non-governmental organizations
- Ensure the development and implementation of resource development, digital enablement, MEL, and more
Required Skills or Experience
- Commitment to, and passion for, LifeNet’s vision and mission.
- Ability and desire to lead from the ground up by performing tasks at every level of the organization.
- Significant experience in leadership positions in either for-profit or nonprofit organizations; demonstration of leading a team to accomplish results.
- Demonstrated experience in relationship management.
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English are required.
- Demonstrated budget management experience.
- Exceptional academic performance.
- Graduate studies in international development, public health, or relevant field are preferred.
- Ability to travel internationally and domestically.
- Alignment with LifeNet’s Christian identity and mission philosophy, with an ability to work with all denominations.
- Minimum three-year commitment.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
How To Apply
Your application must consist of a cover letter, your curriculum vitae/résumé, and contact information for three references. Please submit all applications via email to
with the subject line: “Ghana Country Director.”
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.