Jobs In Ghana 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Newmont Mining Corporation is a leading global gold producer with key assets in Nevada, Peru, Australia, Ghana and Suriname.
Newmont’s Africa Operations holds two gold mining operations in Ghana: the Ahafo Mine located in the Brong-Ahafo region and the Akyem Mine located in the Eastern region. There is also near mine exploration and development focus in Ghana to annually replace gold reserves. Newmont Africa also has early-stage exploration programs in the African countries of Ethiopia and Morocco.
Our Africa operations employ approximately 5,900 employees and contractors, with the majority working at the Ahafo Mine. We offer an unparalleled blend of opportunity and career satisfaction with all the benefits you would expect from a global company. This, combined with our growth opportunities, makes Newmont a great company to work.
Our Akyem and Ahafo mines have made significant sustainable community development investments in our host communities. These include establishing Development Funds at our Akyem and Ahafo operational areas with each mine contributing US$1 per ounce of gold sold and 1% of net pre-tax annual profit into its community development fund.
The only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index, Newmont in 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Newmont’s industry leading performance is reflected through our Africa operations’ high standards in environmental management, health and safety for our workforce and creating value and opportunity for our employees, host communities and Newmont’s shareholders.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
The program is for local graduates within the ten mine impacted communities selected for a 3-year on-the-job training in Mining, Mechanical and Electrical Engineering. This is to provide the relevant skills and ability in delivering assigned jobs and execute tasks as per Newmont /AUMS Standard and in country laws governing underground.
- Take instructions from Underground Mine Manager (UGM) or his representative.
- Assist his/her team to achieve set work targets assigned by the Underground Mine Manager (UGM) or his representative.
- Ensure and be prepared to do any duties that maybe assigned by the Underground Mine Manager (UGM) or his representative.
- Follow strictly the program drawn for the Graduate Learnership Program(GLP)
- Be liable to inform his/her mentor after each and every task is completed.
- Be assessed as per schedule drawn by Underground Training Specialist.
- Participate and contribute to safe practice and environmental awareness.
- Actively participate in all Newmont Ghana safety and environmental systems and initiatives.
- Demonstrate personal commitment in regard to safety and environmental practices.
- Assist in the Identification of potential hazards and ensure action is appropriately taken.
- Maintain high standard of efficiency, safety and effectiveness.
- Raise, discuss and assist in the resolution of safety issues at regular meetings.
- Follow strictly all Newmont or business partner procedures.
Training & Experience
Formal Qualification (including Professional Registrations):
- Tertiary qualifications in Mining Engineering, Electrical Engineering and Mechanical Engineering.
- Previous Underground mining experience through vacation training may be an advantage.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office software (Outlook, Word, Excel, Access).
- Must possess driving license “C” or acquire one within a year.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Potential for hazardous conditions exist in underground mines and candidates must be prepared to work strictly by Newmont/AUMS procedures.
- Potential for adverse environmental conditions exist in some locations.
How To Apply
This Job Listing Has Expired
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.