Jobs In Accra 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And it’s girls who are most affected.
Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood. And we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge.
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 80 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries
DIMENSIONS OF THE ROLE
Alumni Engagement & Influencing
- Help amplify Plan International’s purpose and contribute to achieving Ghana’s target of 100 million reasons through social media advocacy/campaign and offline activities.
- Support and shape the activities of the alumni network to influence policy change that advances opportunities for young people and equality for girls.
- Act as key point of contact and liaise with former sponsored children and program participants and keep track of their activities.
- Ensure up to-date database of the alumni network with relevant data of members
ADVERTISEMENT CONTINUE READING BELOW
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Develop a strategy to reach out to former sponsored children and program participants/club members who are 18 years and above and onboard them to the alumni network.
- Help set up “PU alumni chapter” across the various operational areas/program units of Plan International Ghana.
- Ensure effective participation of alumni in youth-led activities/projects in sponsorship communities.
- Liaise with the sponsorship coordinators and community facilitators at PU level and put in place mechanism to ensure smooth transition on-boarding of graduated Sponsored children to the alumni network.
- Share update on alumni activities in Ghana with the Regional Alumni Coordinator.
Innovation & Initiatives
- Help develop innovative campaign/advocacy activities to help address issues relating to children and gender equality.
- Prepare and submit yearly alumni activities with budget to the sponsorship manager for consideration in the organization’s fiscal year and budgeting.
- Help with implementation of the country strategy of Plan International Ghana particularly, thematic areas that focuses on youth.
- Brainstorm and share innovative ideas and initiatives with the head of programs for consideration.
- Crowdsource ideas from Alumni on country-specific problems and issues.
Social Media & Advocacy/Campaign
- Manage all official social media handles (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc.) of the Alumni Network
- Help penetrate the social media community and extend Plan International Ghana’s reach of influence through strategic activities.
- Influence young people to campaign against inequality and advocate for gender equality via social media.
- Lead social media campaign/advocacy to advance children’s rights and equality for Girls.
- Help develop social media advocacy/campaign ideas and materials.
- Organize series of advocacy/campaign activities on topical issues of concern to young people especially girls.
- Collaborate with other youth-led groups and organize virtual or offline activities on identified issue/problem or issues relating to Gender based violence, SRHR, gender equality etc.
- Prepare monthly or quarterly action plan for alumni activities
- Prepare monthly report on social media engagement and activities with analytics on performance of social media posts.
- Help increase likes/followers of all official social media pages/handles of the alumni network
Media & Communication
- Support in developing ideas on how to use the media for influencing and to engage young people on key issues of interest to them.
- Share networking and job opportunities with the alumni network
- Support in creating multimedia content for alumni advocacy/campaign activities
- Support the sponsorship unit with video content for sponsorship marketing
- The Alumni Network coordinator will report to the sponsorship manager and will work closely with the Youth Engagement Facilitator.
TECHNICAL EXPERTISE, SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Former Plan International Ghana sponsored child, program participant or club member
- Strong communication skills
- Fluent in English and other local languages
- Digital and Social media skills
- Basic knowledge in photo and video editing
- Knowledge in graphic designing and video editing software (eg. Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Premiere Pro etc.)
- Passionate about gender equality and social impact
- Organized and proactive
- Leadership attributes
- Willingness and ability to travel for field activities as required
ADVERTISEMENT CONTINUE READING BELOW
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- A Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, social sciences, development studies, gender studies or related field.
- Experience in coordinating or leading a group or community
- Experience in managing a small budget
- Experience in creating multimedia content (videos, images, artworks etc.)
Plan International’s Values in Practice
We are open and accountable
- Promotes a culture of openness and transparency, including with sponsors and donors.
- Holds self and others accountable to achieve the highest standards of integrity.
- Consistent and fair in the treatment of people.
- Open about mistakes and keen to learn from them.
- Accountable for ensuring we are a safe organisation for all children, girls & young people
We strive for lasting impact
- Articulates a clear purpose for staff and sets high expectations.
- Creates a climate of continuous improvement, open to challenge and new ideas.
- Focuses resources to drive change and maximise long-term impact, responsive to changed priorities or crises.
- Evidence-based and evaluates effectiveness.
We work well together
- Seeks constructive outcomes, listens to others, willing to compromise when appropriate.
- Builds constructive relationships across Plan International to support our shared goals.
- Develops trusting and ‘win-win’ relationships with funders, partners and communities.
- Engages and works well with others outside the organization to build a better world for girls and all children.
We are inclusive and empowering
- We empower our staff to give their best and develop their potential
- We respect all people, appreciate differences and challenge equality in our programs and our workplace
- We support children, girls and young people to increase their confidence and to change their own lives.
How To Apply
Interested applicants should:
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.