Jobs In Ghana 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
School for Life (SfL) is a local Non-Governmental Organization that works to strengthen Civil Society’s role in improving access to relevant quality education. SfL functions as a lead organization in delivering, demonstrating and advocating for mother tongue based complementary basic education in underserved areas of Ghana and provides complementary educational services to out-of-school children.
SfL also provides technical support to both Government and Non-Governmental Organizations in the area of complementary education and quality education programmes providing innovation and inclusive approaches to education in Ghana. School for Life strives to be a center of excellence that inspires breakthroughs in education.
As an Organization being part of the umbrella of Ghana Developing Communities Association (GDCA), SfL works with other agencies to contribute to integrated programmes, and delivers results in education under the four-year (2020-2023) Empowerment for Life Programme funded by Danida.
- Location: Remote
- Report to: Education Development Manager
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Overview / Objectives of the position
SfL is seeking for detail-oriented and trustworthy transcribers for a short engagement. The transcriber’s responsibilities include creating accurate written versions of audio and video recordings, reviewing and editing transcriptions done by recordings or speech recognition software, and identifying any inconsistencies. You should have a good typing speed and superb attention to detail and be able to keep all sensitive information confidential. To be successful as a transcriber, you should be disciplined and have excellent listening skills. Outstanding candidates have superb reading and editing skills as well as the ability to focus for long periods.
- Understanding SfL’s specifications and noting any formatting or notation requests prior to completing the transcription.
- Completing transcriptions in a timely manner and reviewing drafts for any spelling, grammar, or formatting errors, as well as other inconsistencies.
- Adhering to all confidential guidelines and respecting sensitive information.
- Showing up on time for scheduled meetings and trainings.
- Communicating with the supervisor when there are issues.
- Submitting completed drafts to clients and correcting any errors as per their feedback.
Required Skills or Experience
- HND, Degree, associate’s degree, or additional courses in local languages.
- Proficiency in the any of the following languages; Buli, Gurene (Frafra), Fante, Dagbanli, Dagaare, Wale, Ewe or Twi.
- Proficiency in MS Office, and internet software.
- A good typing speed and excellent reading skills.
- A high degree of professionalism and a superb work ethic.
- Detail-oriented and deadline-driven.
- The ability to focus for long periods of time.
- Willingness to work overtime if required.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Requirements: SfL Competencies
- Education degree: University degree or Diploma preferred.
- Languages: Twi, Fante, Dagbanli, Buli, Gurene(Frafra), Dagaare or Wale (any one)
How To Apply
Any candidate offered a job with SfL will be expected to adhere to the following key areas of accountability:
- Comply with SfL’s policies and procedures with respect to safeguarding, Code of Conduct, health and safety, data protection and confidentiality, do no harm principles and unacceptable behaviour protocols.
- Report any concerns about the welfare of a child or vulnerable adult or any wrongdoings within our programming area.
- Report any concerns about inappropriate behaviour of a SfL staff or partner.
Please, submit your resume and cover letter to [email protected] stating the job title and a district prefer as the subject line.
This Job Description only serves as a guide for the position available. SfL reserves the right to change this document. Any published closing dates are estimated. Due to the nature of SfL’s work we aim to fill vacancies as quickly as possible. This means that we will close adverts as soon as we have found the right candidates and this may be before the published closing date. We would therefore advise interested applicants to submit an application as early as possible since review is on rolling basis.
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.