Jobs In Ghana 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
School for Life (SfL) is a local Non-Governmental Organization that works to strengthen Civil Society’s role in improving access to relevant quality education. SfL functions as a lead organization in delivering, demonstrating and advocating for mother tongue based complementary basic education in underserved areas of Ghana and provides complementary educational services to out-of-school children.
SfL also provides technical support to both Government and Non-Governmental Organizations in the area of complementary education and quality education programmes providing innovation and inclusive approaches to education in Ghana. School for Life strives to be a center of excellence that inspires breakthroughs in education.
As an Organization being part of the umbrella of Ghana Developing Communities Association (GDCA), SfL works with other agencies to contribute to integrated programmes, and delivers results in education under the four-year (2020-2023) Empowerment for Life Programme funded by Danida.
- Location: (Wa East, Bulsa South, Bolgatanga, Sagnarigu, Tatale, Agona East, Asin South, Sunyani West, Amansie West, Mampong, Ho West & Akatsi South)
- Report to:Team Leader
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Overview / Objectives of the position
SfL seeks FIELD ENUMERATORS to conduct data collection. The field enumerator is primarily responsible for collecting field data and visit to do beneficiaries verification. She/ he has direct contact with households, individuals and institutions and have a great bearing on the quality of data collected and ultimately on the quality of data output.
She/he will be report to the team leader. The core task will be to assist the team to conduct household visits of respondents to gather data in order to assess the context of education in the country.
R1. Conduct data collection using the provided data collection tools.
- Conduct data collection using the provided data collection tools through interviews and observation
- Conduct household survey on selected households within the assigned areas.
- Interview the identified participants of focus group discussions to ensure the data and info that have been recorded within registered forms are accurate.
- Document all the findings in the provided data collection tools.
- Compiling and sorting the filled data collection tools as directed by the supervisor.
- Ensure collected data is accurately recorded.
- Capture data using digital data entry technology provided.
- Ensure anonymity of respondents and develop relationship of trust and safe space during data collection exercise with respondents.
- Identify and report any challenges faced that could affect the quality of the data.
- Take responsibility for project equipment that you may be entrusted with.
- Report daily issues and challenges to the team leader.
- Any other duties assigned by the project manager.
- Present the data to the supervisor at the end of each day and upload electronic data.
- Report to the team leader before and after day’s work for further direction.
- Ensure handling in all the completed household visits and verification’s questionnaires for the day to the team leader.
- Ensure that all questionnaires and equipment are accounted for.
- Turn over all literature and materials used in the survey to the team leader.
- Follow confidentiality and security procedures to ensure respondent privacy is protected.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Required Skills or Experience
- Requirements: Technical & Functional skills Attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and confidence to undertake household visits.
- Computer literacy to be able to work on smart phone-based data collection applications.
- Good facilitation skills.
- Good communication skills and experience in participatory methodology.
- Innovative, motivated and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Willing to accomplish each day’s work with the supervisor by the end of each day.
- Ability to speak in the local languages in data collection communities.
- Previous experience with Data collection / Other NGOs as enumerators
- Previous experience working with the community or experience in household surveys (baseline/evaluations).
- Demonstrated experience in household surveys (baseline/evaluations).
- Education degree: University degree or Diploma preferred.
- Languages: Dagbanli, Gurene (Frafra), Dagaare/Wale, Buli, Fante, Ewe or Twi
- Ability to travel within sub-districts (door to door interviews)
How To Apply
This Job Listing Has Expired
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.