Jobs In Accra 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Advans is a leading microfinance group established in 2005. Advans mission is to respond to the need for financial services of small businesses and other populations who have ill-adapted, limited or no access to formal financial services. The Advans Group currently spans nine countries: Cambodia, Cameroon, Ghana, the Democratic Republic of Congo, Côte d’Ivoire, Pakistan, Nigeria, Tunisia and Myanmar. As at end of December 2020, the group served more than 1,000,000 clients and employed more than 7,500 staff. The group’s shareholders are EIB, KfW, FMO, CDC Group plc, FISEA (AFD Group) and IFC. In Ghana, Advans operates since 2008 and serves around 70,000 clients through 20 branches and various channels and around 650 employees.
- Job: Dispatch Rider
- Function: Deliveries and Pick ups
- Department: Logistics
- Level: OS2
- Direct Manager: Logistics Manager
- Responsible for driving/riding Advans Ghana Savings and Loans cars/motorbike, as well as for ensuring the proper maintenance of these cars/motorbikes
- Bills Payment
- Letter Box Management
- Dispatch of items like : Cheque books, Client card, Client Forms etc from back office to all branches
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Drive Advans Ghana cars / motor bikes
- Car / Motor bike Maintenance
- Drive Advans Ghana cars/motor bikes according to management policy.
- Fill Logbook on every driving/riding trip made
- Ensure the car/motor bike maintenance by doing routine checks (brakes, wires, cables, tyres
- Cleaning of the cars/motor bikes
- Regular maintenance in relation with suppliers: to ensure that filters, other basic appliancesare checked regularly and replaced in a timely manner, and that motor oil, other levels (brake liquid, cooling fluid, water etc.) are as per the cars/motors’ manufacturers standards
- To inform immediately his supervisor about any existing or potential problem with one of the
- To ensure that car/motorbike documentation (insurance, vehicle license) are up to date
- To inform in advance when fuel tank is about to be empty and to fill the tank
Challenges on the Job
- Other Unqualified road users that might cause accident
- Immediate superior: Logistics Manager
- Internal clients: Peer drivers/ Branch staff / Head Office
- Peers: Colleague Drivers
- Suppliers / service providers
- Company’s partners
Everyday business:( e.g. operating expenses, invoices, etc.)
- Dispatching activities:
- To pay or go for Bills where necessary
- Dispatch of Hard Drive from IT department to Ashaiman branch twice a week
- Dispatch of pay cheque to some of the suppliers
- Dispatch of letters to BOG and other financial institutions
- Take deliveries from other institutions to Advans Ghana
- Purchase of Electricity Power
- Go for Letters from postal box every week
- Do collateral Registration at BOG At times
- Make payment for flight booking for staffs
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- What transfer to another function within the company is possible? At what grade?
- Recovery Officer
- Chief Driver
Vertical mobility(within the same department/function)
- What are the decisive criteria to move up to a higher position?
- Demonstrate analytical skills
- Command over written and spoken English
- Demonstrate leadership competence
Required Skills or Experience
- At least Senior High School Certificate
- Diploma is a plus
Specific Training Required
- Defensive Driving Skills
- Fleet Maintenance and Management
Required experience (work field and number of years)
- Minimum of two years Riding experience
- Having a driving skill with required license will be an added advantage
How To Apply
Prospective Candidates can send their applications to:
Deadline: June 15, 2021
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.