Jobs In Ghana 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Duties and Responsibilities
The successful applicant will provide operational support in the production and management of Fish and the Industry for the achievement of the objectives of the Commission
- Collects and collates data for evidence-based decision making and planning
- Undertakes surveillance activities for the Commission
- Undertakes Fisheries Extension Services of the Commission, particularly, pond construction, fish hatchery management, aquaculture production, modern farming methods etc.
- Supervises the establishment, management and development of aquaculture facilities
- Control of the Vessel Monitoring System and tracks the activities and the movement of the vessels
- Inspects relevant documents on licensing and permits
- Undertakes M&E activities on the field
- Collects and collate data for the preparation of appropriate plans for the Commission
- Inspects vessels for licensing and its renewal
- Supervise data entry activities on fisheries
- Inspects fisheries facilities and produces appropriate reports
- Administers drugs and chemicals in the aquaculture establishments
- Facilitate the enforcement of the Fisheries Laws and Regulations related to elimination of illegal fishing practices
- Collects data for the preparation of annual and other periodic reports
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Qualifications and Experience
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited tertiary institution in Fisheries Science, Biological Science, Natural Resources or any other related field
- Must have completed National Service
- Good leadership, communication, interpersonal and presentation skills with the ability to manage teams and interact effectively with stakeholders
- Good knowledge of Fish Health, Post-Harvest and Extension Services
- Good knowledge of the fisheries industry
- Proficiency in relevant IT applications
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize work is an advantage
- High integrity and confidentiality
Upper West, Upper East, Northern, North East, Savannah, Bono, Bono East, Ahafo, Oti, Volta, Western North, Western, Central, Eastern
How To Apply
Interested applicants should:
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.