Jobs In Obuasi 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited, Obuasi Gold Mine is currently near completion of the redevelopment phase to become a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation has been fully mechanized and designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as Community Relations Officer – Systems and Support
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
The purpose of the Community Relations Officer – Systems and Support role is to provide direct support to the Senior Manager Sustainability to manage the office space, systems, and logistics for continuous improvement and effectiveness of the sustainability discipline in line with the AngloGold Ashanti Corporate and Regional sustainability systems with the aim of building effective social partnerships to secure and maintain the social license for the mine consistent with delivering maximum sustainable value of the asset.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Receive and engage all stakeholders who come to the department.
- Provide required information and direction to stakeholders to the department.
- Maintain updated Visitors and Guests Book.
- Maintain updated diary for stakeholder engagement activities of the Senior Manager Sustainability.
- Ensure new documents developed in the department comply with the Document Control SOP.
- Maintain and update location of all controlled documents.
- Ensure all controlled documents are updated.
- Maintain effective document trail of payments to stakeholders in line with the approved Payment to Government and Stakeholder’s Policy.
- Set up Departmental Meetings.
- Ensure and maintain recording of Departmental Meetings.
- Enter Stores Reservations and Purchase Requisitions into the SAP system and follow up for approval.
- Coordinate travels in the department and maintain document trail of travel requests.
- Participate in activities of Units in the department as and when needed.
- Provide leave cover in the various units of the Department.
- Develop Weekly CEO Report.
- Compile Monthly Departmental Reports.
- Compile Quarterly Social, Ethics and Sustainability (SES) Board Report.
- Implement Departmental (HSE) objectives in line with mine wide HSE objectives.
- Ensure a good safety and sanitary conditions are maintained at the office premise.
- Assist in carrying out routine risk assessments and health and safety inspections in the office premise.
- Participate in the planning and carrying out Safety and Environmental audits in the department.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Relevant Tertiary qualification in the field of Social Science.
- At least 2 years’ experience in similar line of work.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- A good knowledge of the sustainability discipline
- Ability to develop and maintain strong relationship with stakeholders
- Ability to perform administrative duties
- Ability to write report
- Ability to plan and carry out routine risk assessments and health and safety inspections
- A good understanding of ISO requirement of the Sustainability discipline
- No formal legal requirements but formal knowledge of Minerals and mining laws under LI 2173 to 2175
- Knowledge of the Minerals Commission Guidelines for CSR in mining communities.
- Demonstrate behaviours consistent with AGA values
- High energy, commitment, and enthusiasm for the work
How To Apply
Interested applicants should:
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.