Jobs In Obuasi 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited, Obuasi Gold Mine is currently near completion of the redevelopment phase to become a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation has been fully mechanized and designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as Safety Officer – Systems.
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
The purpose of this role is to assist implement a Safety Management System that will promote a healthy and safe working environment for employees (including contractors) and visitors and for ensuring compliance to all relevant standards and legislation. This role will work collaboratively with a range of stakeholders to establish and maintain a safety culture based on effective training, injury prevention and continuous improvement. The role holder will act as a Risk Assessor for the various departments on site and provide support in relation to all Safety Systems and procedures moving from Construction into Operations.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Liaise with various sectional Heads to plan for and facilitate incident investigations, risk assessments and material/fatal risk management actions.
- Providing support with regard to the existing safety systems on site that governs work practices and risk control processes.
- Coordinate and monitor OHS training and education programs and liaise with other stakeholders for their input.
- Assist in managing Health and Safety related pages and relevant information on the OHS department intranet site and contribute to other departmental communications.
- Ensure implementation of recommendations from internal and external audits.
- Demonstrate Safety Leadership and improve the Culture across the OHS systems section regarding Safety, Health, and Sustainable Development.
- Rigorously drive implementation of projects and strategies and nurture and sustain a culture of Accountability and Continuous Improvement within the OHS Systems section.
- Enforce all environmental work procedures that have been issued by the Departmental Manager.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Occupational Health and Safety or relevant technical (Engineering, Physical Sciences) qualification or equivalent discipline.
- Has a minimum of 3-5 experience in a similar role.
- Super user of Microsoft suit of application, especially MS Excel
- Previous experience with a range of safety and training systems and packages will be an advantage
- Knowledge in Database System Management.
Safety Management systems
- Understands systems and procedures. Can assist with the development of task specific procedures.
- Risk Management
- Can apply risk management at a personal level and lead teams in JHA level assessments. Understands HRM 1 and 2. Able to review JHA type of work before being applied in the field.
Audit and Inspection
- Has completed an internal workplace inspection course and can apply the theory in the field.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Level of Work/Complexity
- Addresses regular, well known problems using their own technical knowledge, methods learned previously and application of direct trial and error.
- Effectively applies acquired technical/functional skills and knowledge to meet required expectations of quantity, quality in a timely manner.
- Effective in working with diverse teams
- Communicates in confident, engaging and impactful way
- Adapts style to constructively influence in an open and equitable manner
- Emotional intelligence
- Adaptability and resilience.
How To Apply
Interested applicants should:
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.