Jobs In Accra 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Our Client is a globally-acknowledged, stellar-rated Hotel based in Accra, Ghana which has acquired and maintained an unparalleled reputation in the hospitality industry over the past 30+ years.
The Hotel seeks a finance professional with superior qualifications to serve as its Head of Finance. The selected person will serve as the foremost financial authority in-house and will assume a strategic role with oversight responsibility for the budget, accounts, audit, procurement, tax and other functions.
- Developing Corporate Financial Strategy.
- Financial Analysis, Planning, and Forecasting.
- Expenditure Monitoring and Budgetary Control.
- Accounting, Audit and Internal Control.
- Financial Reporting.
- Payroll support.
- Procurement Systems and Procedures.
- Health, Safety and Maintenance systems.
- Compliance with Financial, Prudential, Tax and other Regulatory obligations.
- MIS applications in Finance (ACCPAC, Micros and Materials Management).
- Safeguarding Assets.
- Storage and Retrieval systems.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
*Salary and other terms and conditions will be discussed.
Required Skills or Experience
- A minimum of ten (10) years’ professional working experience, with at least six (6) years exposure to the business of a 4 or 5-Star hotel.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related field.
- MBA or related post-graduate qualifications will be an added advantage.
- Professional qualifications and expertise of a Chartered Accountant.
- For this extraordinary career opportunity, the Hotel seeks a highly qualified candidate with superior competencies in Finance, and experience in the business and operations of a 4 or 5-star hotel acquired in Ghana and/or abroad. Therefore, qualified candidates residing overseas, who are already familiar with the Ghanaian terrain and wish to relocate, may apply.
- Proven business and commercial acumen in Accounting, Budgeting, Revenue Management and Capital Expenditure Planning, and other relevant areas.
- ICT qualifications and hands-on knowledge of accounting and business applications.
- Deep knowledge of and working familiarity with relevant statutory laws and legislation.
- Uncompromising integrity and ability to maintain a high level of compliance and good corporate governance.
- Strong leadership, analytical, strategic planning, communication, conflict management and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work well within a diverse team and blend easily into new environment.
- Ability to communicate and remain at ease with all, including the Board.
- Reports to the General Manager.
- Undertakes Board-level Financial Reporting.
- Has oversight of Finance Department.
- Collaborates with Unit Heads and other senior staff in decision-making.
- Supports the work of managers and staff of other functional units to ensure efficiency in in-house systems and procedures.
- Plans and spearheads transactional and other engagements with key external parties relevant to the finance, banking, procurement and related functions.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
How To Apply
Submit your application and detailed CV by email or by hand, to the attention of:
The Search Director, ShawbellConsulting Limited
No 9, Klottey Crescent, Ring Road East, North Labone
DEADLINE: Friday, May 28, 2021
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.