Mining Jobs In Brong Ahafo Region : Emergency Response Team (ERT) Coordinator - Newmont Mining CorporationMining Jobs In Ghana 2021
Jobs In Brong Ahafo Region 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
About This Role:
- To develop, maintain and review a comprehensive Emergency Response preparedness program in line with local legislative and Newmont Global Health and Safety standards.
- To provide supervision, training and support to all Newmont Health and Safety staff and Emergency Response Team (ERT) members.
- To promptly and adequately respond to all emergencies that may arise.
In This Role You Will:
Emergency Response Team (ERT) Program and System Management
- Develop, coordinate and administer Newmont ERT programs (i.e. fire, injuries, fatalities, Hazmat, recoveries, height rescues, confined spaces and ambulance services) to prevent and control loss due to emergency situations such as fire, hazardous chemicals and vehicle and/or heavy equipment accident response.
- Implement a formalized emergency rescue plan system for permitted and high-risk activities including working at heights, confined space entry, managing hazardous chemicals (i.e. transfer of cyanide).
- Contribute to the development and management of the on-site fire protection system inspection plan.
- Implement standard operating procedures and protocols for all emergency response activities.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
ERT Training and Certifications
- Coordinate the implementation of a formalized Fire Safety training program for all employees and direct Newmont contractors (i.e. physical firefighting training) annually.
- Organize and coordinate appropriate training and development programs for all ERT personnel to effectively deal with emergency situations.
- Organize and coordinate training for ERT members in advanced first aid, extrication, fire fighting, confined space rescue, water rescue and high angle rope rescue.
- Coordinate the arrangement of on-site fire permit certifications.
- Provide support in setting up emergency response systems to meet the requirements for Newmont’s Information Management Systems (IMS).
- Determine and interpret legal and regulatory requirements, hazard and risk assessments and vulnerability to human life, equipment and company assets.
ERT Equipment Capacitation
- Facilitate the management of fire detection and fire prevention equipment on site.
- Oversee the maintenance of all ERT equipment and resulting calibrations that may need to be done.
- Conduct training for all team members on the effective use of all ERT equipment.
ERT Communication and Stakeholder Management
- Establish and maintain effective response plans,communications and coordination at all levels.
- Oversee that all ERT staff have the requisite Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) to effectively address emergency situations.
ERT Reporting and Compliance Management
- Compile monthly reports on all ERT activities carried out for the period and submit to the Health and Safety Manager for review.
- Host visits from environmental and/or safety auditors inquiring about Newmont’s emergency preparedness and response.
ERT Tactical Execution
- Conduct regular drills to reinforce training activities for all Newmont employees and contractors including ERT and Health and Safety personnel.
- Conduct periodic reviews after every simulation drill and/or actual event to assess the success of the response.
- Effectively communicate with project management on the findings from completed drill and/or actual event assessments.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Manage all direct reports:
- prioritize and allocate tasks and/or responsibilities.
- check and control the quality of work outputs.
- recommend further and/or relevant training courses and development actions.
- enhance communication with staff through regular feedback, contact, meetings and briefings.
Health & Safety Project Execution
- Participate actively to ensure the successful delivery of the project execution plan.
- Facilitate inspections to verify that Health and Safety requirements and governmental legislation is being followed at all times.
- Partner with project managers, contractors, Health and Safety committee members and government inspectors to optimize the on-site safety programs and systems.
- Facilitate post-activity reviews to verify the implementation and effectiveness of established controls.
- Participate actively in the Project Fatality Risk Management program.
- Participate actively in the identification and replication of live work solutions.
Your Training, Skills and Experience Checklist:
Formal Qualification (including Professional Registrations):
- Higher National Diploma in Science, Chemistry or its equivalent.
- International Firefighter I and II accreditation or Fire Service Instructor certification is essential.
- Strong understanding of Newmont’s Information Management System (IMS) as they apply to emergency preparedness and response.
- Detail understanding of regulatory body requirements such as Ghana Mining Regulations.
- Sound knowledge of mine rescue techniques.
- Certified hazardous materials awareness, operations and technician training.
- A minimum of 5 -7 years’ working experience in an Emergency Response or Fire Service environment.
- Must have previous experience in confined space rescue, water rescue, vehicle extrication, advanced First Aid, rope rescue and interior firefighting preferably with associated certifications.
- Previous Health and Safety experience is beneficial.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Highly skilled communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Strong capacity planning skills.
- Strong education and training skills.
- Strong incident management skills.
- Strong supervisory skills.
- Risk management skills.
- Strong computer literacy skills – MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Strong information monitoring and management skills.
- Strong planning, organizing and prioritizing skills.
- Knowledge in budgeting.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Assertive and resilient.
- Attention to detail.
- Goal orientated.
- Takes initiative.
- Reliable and independent.
- Safety conscious.
- High level of transparency.
- Cultural sensitivity.
- The incumbent will work in an office setting with regular visits to construction and operational areas.
- The incumbent may sometimes manage multiple emergency activities simultaneously which can present challenges.
How To Apply
Interested applicants should:
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.