Sales / Marketing Jobs In Takoradi, Western Region : Head Of Commercial Operations - Bay Matrix GroupSales / Marketing Jobs In Ghana 2021
Jobs In Takoradi, Western Region 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Oversees development of local policies, procedures and strategic objectives for marketing and selling the organization's services. Oversees service development, pricing, marketing budgets, and sales objectives.
Directs business development, sales and marketing staff. Provides marketing expertise to executive management team.
Fully responsible for sales & marketing strategy implementation, budgets and non-financial targets, having the key responsibility for attracting customers and ensuring a highly professional relationship to the various decision’s makers within the customer’s organization.
The position will also have a close albeit an indirect reporting line to COO in order to leverage business opportunities
from a regional/international perspective.
The scope of this position is primarily domestic, based out Terminal Location.
Direct Reporting Positions: Commercial Team
a. Sales & Client Relationship
b. Customer Services
Total Number of Employees in this Work Unit:
ADVERTISEMENT CONTINUE READING BELOW
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead the translation of the Sales & Marketing strategy into business targets, budgets and tangible plans.
- Responsible for budget preparations and monitoring and in establishing strategic marketing plans to achieve
corporate objectives in developing the Terminal.
- Responsible for attracting and retaining customers and ensure development of a highly professional relationship to the various decision’s makers within the customer’s organization.
- Analysis’s marketing programs and adjust strategy and tactics to increase effectiveness.
- Review’s analysis of marketing surveys on current and new product/service concepts in order to recommend future development.
- Oversee the preparation of tariff and cost analyses and comparative studies/reports.
- Manage development of overall standards and guidelines for Sales & Marketing, including pricing, service, promotion, advertising and PR and media.
- Drive and manage the customer value proposition to secure growth and a profitable sales development.
- Drive, develop and deploy best practices within Sales & Marketing.
- Identify, Develops and Overseas Business opportunities locally and in the near region.
- Co-ordinate’s customer issues with relevant department & maintains a one-point customer contact.
- Managing and maintaining relationships with key accounts, local as well as international port users.
- Assist when necessary, in establishing or reviewing customs and other external procedures affecting port users. Resolves all commercial issues as they arise.
- Measure & Display & Circulate commercial results, including forecast periodically (monthly)
- The position would normally be responsible for setting & delivering objectives which are within the organizational strategy & business plans & will steer subordinated positions towards the achievement of these objectives.
- The incumbent will be expected to be creative in making improvements to existing systems, practices & approaches & will have a hand in influencing productivity issues & working methods to meet customer needs
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Education: Requires a college/master’s degree in Commercial/Marketing, MBA, possibly Operations and logistics management, or related discipline.
- Requires at least 10 to 15 years of Commercial Sales experience within the Container and Multipurpose ports along with logistics/transportation industry. Must have approximately 5 years of direct supervisory and managerial experience.
- Require experience in Container, General Cargo (Dry Bulk & Non-Dry Bulk), Car Carrier, Vessel Chartering and other Agri/Non-Agri Business bulk/non-bulk transportations.
- Manage to Identify Product, supply line & assist in developing same.
- Requires direct marketing/sales experience in transportation. Logistics, Port or related industry.
- Requires management experience from preferably the terminal or shipping industry or alternatively related industry within transport or supply chain management.
- Detailed understanding of the various links between other functional areas.
- A broad and international experience and a proven track record within B2B Sales & Marketing.
- Ability to work with confidence both locally and globally.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Must have extensive knowledge of terminal operations practices and principles.
- Must have a working knowledge of managerial and leadership principles, with the ability to influence other management team members and lead a department of technically proficient individuals.
- Must have familiarity with all aspects of the systems support for the terminal, including software applications, equipment, and work flow.
- Must have extensive knowledge of safety, health and environmental issues as they affect the workplace, including local regulations, national requirements, and governmental agency requirements. Must be familiar with maritime codes.
- Must have working knowledge of labor law, company policies and procedures, and general work rules
and standard operating procedures for the terminal.
- Must have working knowledge of budget preparation and financial applications. This includes an understanding of basic accounting, statistics, problem solving, goal setting, and business applications.
- Ability to negotiate and build relationships on all levels.
- Targeted, energetic and able to motivate other people.
- Good communication skills with the ability to communicate across the organization.
- Trustworthy, ambitious and able to work highly independently and in teams.
- Must have demonstrated negotiation skills.
- Must be able to exercise sound business judgment in order to set direction and establish priorities.
- Requires excellent managerial skills, including planning, organizing, and directing work.
- Requires good verbal and written communications skills in English, in addition to effective interpersonal skills.
- Requires excellent analytical skills, including the ability to extract and analyze data.
- Requires exceptional time management, due to fast-moving, demanding work environment.
- Must be able to make effective presentations.
- Must be able to exercise discretion and good judgment, with an ability to understand the effect of decisions overall in the company.
- Must be able to handle company information with confidentiality and discretion.
Equipment and Applications:
- Must be able to use a desktop and laptop computer with ease.
- Must be able to use presentation materials effectively.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
- Office environment.
- Required to observe all safety and health requirements for office environment.
- Must have professional appearance, consistent with local customs.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
How To Apply
Send resume and application to:
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.