Jobs In Accra 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Asanko Gold Ghana Limited (“AGGL”) is a joint venture between Galiano Gold and Gold Fields. The primary asset is the multi-pit Asanko Gold Mine complex, located in the Ashanti region of Ghana. Galiano Gold are the managers and operators of the Asanko Gold Mine.
AGGL is seeking to employ a suitably qualified person to fill the role of Unit Manager - Process Maintenance. The incumbent will be responsible for ensuring the cost-effective maintenance and repairs of plant machinery and equipment as well as the optimum availability of same and ancillary facilities for all-year process plant operations / production in Asanko Gold Ghana Limited (AGGL).
- Directs, maintains and enforces the safety program for process maintenance; reviews safety policies and procedures to uphold standards of maximum safety for all maintenance personnel;
- Communicates and interact directly with the process plant operational personnel and Services Departments to coordinate maintenance and repair work in all process areas;
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Manages and controls the maintenance team to implement effective maintenance and repair work practices in all process areas;
- Develops, implements and monitors short and long term plans, goals and objectives and focus on achieving the department’s objectives;
- Ensures that maintenance technicians are adequately trained, equipped and motivated to ensure achievement of maintenance programs in a safe, timely and cost effective manner;
- Reviews the operation of plant equipment and systems constantly, to minimize unplanned downtime, anticipate and solve problems in a timely manner, and identify opportunities for improvement;
- Initiates and carries out projects that improves efficiency and/or reduce operating costs;
- Ensures Minerals Commission and Machinery Inspection regulations relating to engineering maintenance are met at all times;
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned from time to time by the supervisor.
Required Skills or Experience
- Degree or HND in Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent qualification from a recognised tertiary institution;
- Minimum of Engineering Superintendent Certificate of Competency issued by Minerals Commission of Ghana;
- Professional Member of Ghana Institution of Engineers;
- 8 to 10 years’ experience in process maintenance in a large gold mine;
- Initiates project that improves plant efficiency or reduce operating cost;
- Problem solving and decision making skills;
- Ability to apply knowledge of standards, methods and procedures to work situation;
- Dynamic knowledge and understanding of process engineering practices;
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills;
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, database management;
- Medically fit for the position and environment;
- Valid Ghanaian Driver’s license.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
How To Apply
When applying, please follow the guidelines below to maximise the success of your application:
- Include an introductory paragraph in your covering letter explaining why you believe you are suited to the role you are applying for
- Limit your CV to 4 pages
- Your CV must include demographic detail, qualifications, work experience and a minimum of two referees
- List your most recent positions first
- Include copies of relevant, original certificates and academic records
- Please ensure you email [email protected] when applying for a job.
- Please put the job title you are applying for in the email subject line.
Applications, together with detailed curriculum vitae and proof of qualifications, should be submitted by the deadline date to:
Unit Manager - HR & Administration,
Asanko Gold Ghana Limited No. 4,
Sir ArkuKorsah Road, Airport Residential Area,
P. O. Box CT 6153, Accra-Ghana.
Or email: [email protected]
CLOSING DATE: 13th May, 2021.
Please note: only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.