Jobs In Accra 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Newmont Mining Corporation is a leading global gold producer with key assets in Nevada, Peru, Australia, Ghana and Suriname.
Newmont’s Africa Operations holds two gold mining operations in Ghana: the Ahafo Mine located in the Brong-Ahafo region and the Akyem Mine located in the Eastern region. There is also near mine exploration and development focus in Ghana to annually replace gold reserves. Newmont Africa also has early-stage exploration programs in the African countries of Ethiopia and Morocco.
Our Africa operations employ approximately 5,900 employees and contractors, with the majority working at the Ahafo Mine. We offer an unparalleled blend of opportunity and career satisfaction with all the benefits you would expect from a global company. This, combined with our growth opportunities, makes Newmont a great company to work.
Our Akyem and Ahafo mines have made significant sustainable community development investments in our host communities. These include establishing Development Funds at our Akyem and Ahafo operational areas with each mine contributing US$1 per ounce of gold sold and 1% of net pre-tax annual profit into its community development fund.
The only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index, Newmont in 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Newmont’s industry leading performance is reflected through our Africa operations’ high standards in environmental management, health and safety for our workforce and creating value and opportunity for our employees, host communities and Newmont’s shareholders.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Ensure uniformity of drilling across the region and adherence to the Newmont Global Drilling Standard.
- Champion for Newmont Fatality Risk Management (FRM) system with all drill contractors in the region.
- Function as an expert authority or drilling consultant in core, reverse circulation, sonic mud rotary, flooded reverse and conventional drilling methods.
Main Responsibility Areas
- Ensure all drill contractors operate according to the guidelines in the Newmont Global Drilling Standard.
- Require periodic inspections of all drill operations and regular coaching of drill contractors and exploration employees.
- Participate in standardized audits at each site.
- Ensure that the Fatality Risk Management (FRM) system is entrenched in the work culture of all drill contractors.
- Complete Critical Control Verifications (CCV’s) during every visit to the drill sites.
- Participate in all drill related safety investigations, develop corrective actions, follow-up and liaise with contractor company representatives (Operations Manager, Safety Manager etc.)
- Provide oversight of regional monthly drill costs and efficient drill utilization through scheduling and planned reviews and monthly reporting to Exploration Directors.
- Collaborate with other Newmont Drill Services Managers to ensure standardization is achieved at all sites and best practices are shared.
- Participate in the drill tendering process and advise on technical matters.
Formal Qualification (including Professional Registrations):
- Professional qualification in relevant discipline.
- Visible leadership in safety, health and Sustainability & External Relations (S&ER).
- Effective communication skills to communicate efficiently with management, supervisors, and drill contractors.
- Fluency in English, Spanish and French is a plus.
- Experience in working with and supporting exploration activities in a variety of cultural and climate environments.
- Proven track record of drilling ability and advanced knowledge of solving down the hole drilling problems.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Must have a minimum of 15-20 years’ experience combined in minerals exploration, hydrology, environmental and geotechnical drilling for surface and underground.
- Must have a minimum of 10 years’ experience in supervising and coordinating drilling related activities.
- Advance working knowledge of the mechanics of drill rig operation.
- Advance working knowledge of safety regulations, related policy and guidelines related to drilling activities and the ability to effect solutions to issues requiring correction.
- Demonstrate successful track record in drill trouble-shooting options, various drilling conditions and multiple working strategies for solving costly drill related problems.
- Effective Leader.
- Assertive and influential.
- Customer focused.
- Well organized.
- Safety conscious.
- Results driven.
- Team player
- The incumbent will work in our mines, office or project sites within the region.
- Position require a 24 x 7 on-call basis for operational support and for emergencies that may require extended time from their home base.
- The incumbent must be able to work in a remote high altitude environment.
- The position require travel at a minimum of 50% to and assist other domestic and/or international sites.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
How To Apply
Interested applicants should:
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.