Jobs In Accra 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Reporting to the Financial Controller, the Accountant provides up-to-date, accurate accounting records and execution of financial transactions for IndigoHomes’ vendors and clients.
We are looking for an energetic accounting professional who is willing to roll up her/his sleeves to assist with managing the accounting function. IndigoHomes’, a subsidiary of BlackIvy Ghana Ltd, a fast-paced residential real estate development company where a new employee will have the ability to see the big picture and drive a lasting impact for stakeholders and the communities our business serves.
- Relentless commitment to good governance and ethical business practices.
- Embody IndigoHomes’ Core Values: imagination, partnership, humility, courage, relentlessness, and forthrightness.
- Follow IndigoHomes’ policies, procedures, and all contractual obligations.
- Maintain all applicable workplace safety standards and requirements.
ADVERTISEMENT CONTINUE READING BELOW
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Post supplier invoices, process payments, employee reimbursements, bills and other accounting information
- Issue invoices and ensure customers are billed correctly for services
- Daily posting of receipts from customers
- Petty cash reconciliation
- Prepare account reconciliations of balance sheet accounts and supporting schedules, analyze all relevant general ledger information, verify balances and rectify discrepancies
- Prepare bank reconciliations
- Stock management- confirmation of stock balances, physical verification, and maintenance of stock ledger in the system
- Prepare monthly profit and loss and balance sheet statements
- Prepare VAT and WHT returns
- Sort, maintain financial documentation for transactions, post and file
- Assist in internal and external audits
- Adhere to and maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures
- Assist in development and implementation of new procedures and features to enhance the workflow of the department
- Assist Financial Controller and senior finance team with other duties as assigned; including, preparation of budgets, cost-based financial analyses, records and financial reporting
RELEVANT SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND EXPERIENCE:
- Diploma or Bachelors’ degree in accounting.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in accounting and/or auditing (accounts payable/receivables/inventory management)
- Strong knowledge of QuickBooks (or similar accounting software)
- Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Project, PowerPoint, Outlook) required
- Required excel (super-user) or capability with alternative reporting tools
- Experience in a growing real estate development or construction-related business preferred Excellent English communication skills, verbally and in writing, required
- Capable of working under time sensitive deadlines and meeting deliverables, required
- Excellent attention to detail, ability to document workpapers logically, clearly and concisely, required
- Strong knowledge of local tax and other statutory reporting obligations.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Health Plan benefits
- Pension Plan with employer match
- Paid Time-Off
- Eligibility for Discretionary Performance Bonus
How To Apply
Interested applicants should:
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.