Jobs In Accra 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Within the delegated authority and under the supervision of the UNICEF Chief of Social Policy, supported by the UNICEF Social Policy Specialist (PFM), the Public Finance Management Officer will:
- Undertake desk review of all national and sector policy documents, research and other relevant document;
- Support UNICEF’s social accountability advocacy by engaging with relevant stakeholders including government and CSOs;
- Contribute to the trend analysis of budgetary allocations and actual expenditure to the social sectors particularly focusing on education, health, water and sanitation, child protection and social protection;
- Support the preparation and drafting of 2022 budget briefs and analyses for WASH, education, health & nutrition, social protection and child protection by analyzing budgetary allocation and actual expenditures;
- Support the production of visual materials for presentation including infographics and PowerPoint presentation.
- Support capacity building training of MOF on social sector costing, budget credibility, and financial data analysis.
- Support the finalization and follow up of the institutional study tracking COVID-19 related funding and expenditure tracking of essential services for children
- Contribute to UNICEF’s evidence-based advocacy by analysing budget data (allocation and expenditure) and developing infographics for circulation to relevant stakeholders;
- Support costing of COVID vaccines with special focus on roll out activities and
- Perform other duties as required by the section chief.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Minimum age: 25 years old. Nationals of the country of assignment are not eligible, except the assignments in Headquarters duty stations.
Master degree or equivalent
- Advanced degree in Public Finance, Economics, Social Science, Business Administration, International Relations and related fields;
- Must have excellent research and analytical skills and the ability to analyze financial data as well as visual presentation skills by using infographics, charts and other tools to easily represent and communicate data to inform decision making;
- Minimum of 5 years working experience in any reputable organization;
- Must have an appreciable understanding of public financial management concepts and principles and applications as well as statistics;
- Be able to work independently as well as with a team in an international, multicultural and interdisciplinary environment and establish harmonious and effective working relationships both within and outside the organization;
- Excellent communication and writing skills of the English language, including ability to present information at different levels and to different technical and non-technical audiences as well as drafting publishable documents.
- Internet proficiency as well as proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) and advance STATA is required. Knowledge in data application software is a must.
- Accuracy, speed, and professionalism in document production and editing;
- Excellent interpersonal skills; culturally and socially sensitive; ability to work inclusively and collaboratively with a range of partners, including grassroots community members, religious and youth organizations, and authorities at different levels; familiarity with tools and approaches of communications for development;
- Ability to work and adapt professionally and effectively in a challenging environment; ability to work effectively in a multicultural team of international and national personnel; and office technology equipment;
- Sound security and gender awareness;
- Have affinity with or interest in financial data analysis, equitable budgeting, transparency, accountability, citizens’ participation, children’s right monitoring, volunteerism as a mechanism for durable development, and the UN System.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
Other finance, economics and administration related experience
How To Apply
Interested applicants should:
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.