Jobs In Accra 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Established in 1951, World Education, Inc. is a US-based non-profit organization aimed at improving the lives of marginalized people through education (formal and non-formal) and training, institutional development, and targeted technical assistance. Please visit our website at www.worlded.org for more information.
World Education, Inc. seeks candidates for Finance and Operations Manager for the anticipated USAID-funded CARE REFORM Project in Ghana. The project aims to build national capacity to implement the national strategy to reintegrate children in orphanages into family based care. World Education, Inc. (WEI) has been working in Ghana for 20 years. Through our Bantwana initiative, we are a leader in the development of high quality, comprehensive OVC service delivery in Africa. WEI/Bantwana brings a significant track record of excellence and innovation in improving access to, and quality of, family based care and support. It focuses on strengthening coordination and harmonization of care, protection and support services for OVC households from community to national level.
The Finance and Operations manager is responsible for overseeing the program finances and other operations and administrative duties. S/he will serve in the project office’s senior management team, directing the finance and operations teams from World Education and consortium partners to implement the project.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
S/he is responsible for ensuring that the project functions efficiently and effectively in all financial, administrative, and operational matters. S/he ensures that the project consistently and correctly implements sound financial, contractual, and administrative operating systems, and that project activities are implemented in compliance with the USAID rules and regulations and World Education policies. The Finance and Operations Manager reports to the Chief of Party. The selection of the applicant is subject to USAID approval.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee the implementation of WEI's financial and administrative policies and procedures in the program;
- Support and supervise staff to carry out day-to-day finance and administration functions.
- Ensure complete documentation, stewardship and accountability of financial transactions.
- Establish and monitor implementation of WEI's financial management and tracking systems to ensure strong financial responsibility;
- Oversee and review the work plan budgeting, budget tracking, and financial communication/reporting process and systems.
- Ensure management and compliance of the award in line with financial requirements for USAID rules and regulations, World Education policies and procedures, and the laws of the government of Ghana;
- Ensure that the operational policies of the office, including security, HR, procurement, inventory and IT, are in compliance with project and donor policies and implemented effectively;
- Provide training and/or guidance to staff on financial controls and operational systems.
- Develop the capacity of administrative staff, district-based project staff, partner organizations and Government of Ghana (GoG) officials to ensure compliance with financial policies and procedures;
- Oversee the awardee process including the sub partner management and monitoring mechanism.
- Assessment of the financial capacities of potential consortium partners and provision of technical assistance to the awardees as may be required.
- Review of consortium partner reports for accuracy and compliance with the terms of the sub award agreement.
- Oversee annual external audits for the project and for partners as required.
Required Skills or Experience
- Advanced degree (MA preferred) in management or business-related field with a minimum of 7 years professional experience in project financial and administrative management;
- Proven experience (3+ years preferred) with USAID / USG funded program administration, extensive knowledge of USAID / USG financial management rules, regulations, and reporting requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to work with government stakeholders at both a national and regional level to implement a complex project in the field under challenging circumstances;
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Significant grants management and monitoring experience preferred;
- Proficiency in relevant computer applications and databases;
- Demonstrated strong analytical, managerial, leadership, communications and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work as part of a team with local partners and national and international consultants;
- Local Ghanaian candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
How To Apply
To apply, please submit CV/resume and cover letter before May 17, 2021 via email to
copy [email protected].
Please add into the subject line of your email ‘FINANCE AND OPERATIONS MANAGER’
WEI is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer committed to workplace diversity.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to age, race, colour, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, gender, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, sexual preference, genetic information, political affiliation, or military status (special disabled veterans or veteran status) in any employment decisions. M/F/H/V/D.
We are also committed to Safeguarding and will apply all necessary measures and protocols to ensure compliance.
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.