Jobs In Accra 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Established in 1951, World Education, Inc. is a US-based non-profit organization aimed at improving the lives of marginalized people through education (formal and non-formal) and training, institutional development, and targeted technical assistance. Please visit our website at www.worlded.org for more information.
World Education, Inc. seeks candidates for Senior MEL Specialist for the anticipated USAID-funded CARE REFORM Project in Ghana. The project aims to build national capacity to implement the national strategy to reintegrate children in orphanages into family based care. World Education, Inc. (WEI) has been working in Ghana for 20 years. Through our Bantwana Initiative, we are a leader in the development of high quality, comprehensive OVC service delivery in Africa. WEI/Bantwana brings a significant track record of excellence and innovation in improving access to, and quality of, family based care and support. It focuses on strengthening coordination and harmonization of care, protection and support services for OVC households from community to national level.
The Senior MEL Specialist will lead all program MEL activities. S/he will ensure that performance monitoring, action research, and evaluations are consistent with the program design.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
S/He will manage and coordinate field-based monitoring and evaluation specialists from WEI, consortium partners as well as work with stakeholders from the Government of Ghana (GoG). S/he will supervise and provide capacity building where needed of MEL staff from consortium partners and GoG. The Senior ME&L Specialist reports to the Chief of Party. The selection of the applicant is subject to USAID approval.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop a project MEL Framework including logframe indicators, data collection tools and research agenda;
- Design and maintain a quality data management system, with support from the COP and WEI HQ support;
- Conduct ongoing quantitative/qualitative data analysis at different points in the program leading to specific program/contract deliverables;
- Conduct field visits, as needed, to design performance monitoring/management plans alongside project technical teams;
- Oversee technical assistance and training to Regional and District-level consortium partners and GoG stakeholders to support increased use of education data for decision-making;
- Oversee the coordination of research studies leading up to increased awareness and effectiveness of family based care, case management and policy improvement.
- Regularly review work plans to ensure timely delivery of USAID MEL-related deliverables;
- Establish feedback loops among consortium partners and GoG in which learning from program data and conducted research feeds into improved programming.
- Develop annual plans as it relates to the MEL component and well as budgets for relevant activities;
- Supervise and help build capacity of WEI and consortium partners MEL project staff to carry out activities;
- Ensure regular reporting of MEL activities to all relevant stakeholders (including GoG) and contribute to quarterly, annual, and project reporting for USAID;
- Collaborate with the technical team to monitor program progress in terms of USAID compliance requirement of results and indicators;
- Build capacity of MEL program staff and GoG partners in data driven program adaptation;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Required Skills or Experience
- Masters Degree in MEL, Statistics, Social Science or Development studies.
- Strong time management skills and ability to work with deadlines.
- At least five years of ME&L related experience in the non-profit, private, or public sectors.
- Proven experience in quantitative and qualitative methodologies and research
- Excellent facilitation, oral and written communication skills as well as technical writing skills for publication of research.
- Prior experience with USAID-funded programs, and strong knowledge of USAID reporting requirements is preferred.
- Proven experience with various statistical software, including SPSS, Excel, SAR or R.
- At least 4 years’ experience in working with OVC, child protection/welfare, Family based care, systems strengthening, capacity building, quality improvement, or policy development.
- Strong knowledge of the objectives, components and prior achievements of the Care Reform Initiative.
- Ability to work as part of a team with local partners and national and international consultants;
- Local Ghanaian candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
How To Apply
To apply, please submit CV/resume and cover letter before May 17, 2021 via email to
copy [email protected].
Please add into the subject line of your email ‘SENIOR ME&L SPECIALIST’
WEI is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer committed to workplace diversity.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to age, race, colour, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, gender, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, sexual preference, genetic information, political affiliation, or military status (special disabled veterans or veteran status) in any employment decisions. M/F/H/V/D.
We are also committed to Safeguarding and will apply all necessary measures and protocols to ensure compliance.
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.